Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Beggars can’t be Choosers strung out mess Jan 8/9

HoarfrostHubb

58 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This is your event man....congrats. Gonna get hit with good synoptic snow and then get crushed behind it too with upslope.

Tons of pics of Stowe parking lot incoming. 

Ha yeah.  I think this could be pretty good for BTV too...maybe even more than my house (not the mountain though).  That's a really blocked for on those NAM runs, the type of stuff that can smoke the Champlain Valley east of the Lake.  

Sort of like that Jan 2010 set-up where most of NNE got 4-6" but BTV had like 30" from just 24 hours of funneling moisture into the Champlain Valley convergence zone.  Obviously not going to be that much snow but I'm actually thinking BTV has a higher shot at 12+ than a lot of the rest of Vermont.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Lol. Yes and we'd do the same thing if he was choking on exhaust and cirrus for two weeks straight while we get crushed. 

Yeah I don't remember anyone thinking they should tone down their posting in any of the recent years SNE blitzs lol.  

Can you imagine in 2015..."Guys we are upsetting NNE, we should stop posting so much about the snow."  It's weather we all experience and post about regardless of what's happening elsewhere.

26 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I don't remember anyone thinking they should tone down their posting in any of the recent years SNE blitzs lol.  

Can you imagine in 2015..."Guys we are upsetting NNE, we should stop posting so much about the snow."  It's weather we all experience and post about regardless of what's happening elsewhere.

We all love a good snow storm and shouldn’t feel guilty posting about it. Post away man. Have fun with this one. 

20 minutes ago, MarkO said:

No doubt. He's having above average winter and should cash in on another foot. But all the whites, and even into the foothills are probably above average. Dendrite?

I don't know if he's above average.  December was real bad, despite it seeming a lot better due tocomparisons to SNE.  

I don't think we are above normal anymore, but JSpin can confirm.  It might be close.

Just now, powderfreak said:

I don't know if he's above average.  December was real bad, despite it seeming a lot better due tocomparisons to SNE.  

I don't think we are above normal anymore, but JSpin can confirm.  It might be close.

Must be close here. 25" and change with a couple more coming.

36 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Based on my numbers we’re still ahead of average on snowfall here along the spine on the Northern Greens – we’ve eroded the November surplus a bit, but the overall number still comes out ahead.  Here are the snowfall surpluses and deficits by month (January is of course up to this date), along with where we are on the overall season:

October:  +1.8”

November:  +21.6”

December:  -10.4”

January:  +2.2”

Overall:  +15.2”

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, J.Spin said:

Based on my numbers we’re still ahead of average on snowfall here along the spine on the Northern Greens – we’ve eroded the November surplus a bit, but the overall number still comes out ahead.  Here are the snowfall surpluses and deficits by month (January is of course up to this date), along with where we are on the overall season:

October:  +1.8”

November:  +21.6”

December:  -10.4”

January:  +2.2”

Overall:  +15.2”

Solidly above 

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Must be close here. 25" and change with a couple more coming.

Steep gradient so far, as my 40" of nickels/dimes is 11" AN for YTD.  Almost all the advisory-level events here have ended with mix or plain RA, which inevitably means that locales not far to the S or E got considerably less.