Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Beggars can’t be Choosers strung out mess Jan 8/9

HoarfrostHubb

22 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I think like most they’re just really not sure. It’s a razors edge and the latest runs may start having them push it a little higher but we’ll see. A man can hope! Started to feel like winter again today going for a long walk in the woods with the dog with a fresh coating on the ground in the snow pack still in the woods. Felt real nice.  Perfect weather for track and wildlife. During the last five days we’ve seen bobcat tracks fox tracks raccoon tracks coyote tracks turkeys squirrels and rabbits along with lots of deer but we haven’t found a shed rack yet

Yes, It is wintry out there, I experinace most of that sign here during hunting season for deer

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Dryslot is back in the game after the last page of posts.   We added a couple more posters in the past hour or two to the fun.

I've been on the end of the bench throughout but coach told me to get my helmet on..................:)

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Most of interior SNE over to NE winds or N winds...that's gonna lock in whatever temps are already there...might even tick down a notch in northern areas of SNE into S NH.

That's what is happening here. It's 32.5F off a high of 34F. Originally forecast to reach 42F. Looks like rain moving in here by 6pm or so.

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

HRRR bringing Warning criteria snows to S.VT and SW NH hills tomorrow morning.

Man some forecasts are going to bust hard if that stuff ends up dropping a quick 6-10" through the higher elevations of CNE.

This has a big positive bust potential i think for areas that were expecting nothing.

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Not going to warm very much if the winds remain NNW.

Picking up on the cold air holding tough at least at lower levels, might this influence the track of the low?  Maybe that is what the nam and hrrr are seeing?  And it would be those types of models that would be more sensitive to that?

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

Picking up on the cold air holding tough at least at lower levels, might this influence the track of the low?  Maybe that is what the nam and hrrr are seeing?  And it would be those types of models that would be more sensitive to that?

I think the Mesos will handle this type of scenario better as well, Models have ticked colder some at the surface anyways and looks to cut off the warming aloft, just coming into range on the HRRR here at 21z, And it has 5.4" @15z Weds

15 minutes ago, dryslot said:

This has a big positive bust potential i think for areas that were expecting nothing.

True, you expect nothing then if nothing happens, all good.  If something happens, even better, lol.

What have your expectations been the past few days?  I always thought you'd be at least 3-6" but yesterday everything seemed to back off a bit for a few cylces of runs.

Think back to what the models showed 3 days ago though...which was like 12-18" everywhere north of the Mass border.  Probably going to find somewhere in the middle of that original idea and yesterday's lackluster runs.

True, you expect nothing then if nothing happens, all good.  If something happens, even better, lol.

What have your expectations been the past few days?  I always thought you'd be at least 3-6" but yesterday everything seemed to back off a bit for a few cylces of runs.

Think back to what the models showed 3 days ago though...which was like 12-18" everywhere north of the Mass border.  Probably going to find somewhere in the middle of that original idea and yesterday's lackluster runs.

Right along I had 4-8” total for both rounds and that looks quite possible, But after being on the low end after today, I figured maybe end on the low end but that could change now.

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Looks like if you go back to Friday's model runs and early Saturday runs, this is heading back that way (EURO had 8-12" for Dendrite and Dryslot in that time frame) and then it backed off quite a bit Sunday/Monday and now coming back on Tuesday's runs a bit.

U got the latest 

looks like a nice glaze heading my way around 8pm