Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Beggars can’t be Choosers strung out mess Jan 8/9

HoarfrostHubb

18 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Steep gradient so far, as my 40" of nickels/dimes is 11" AN for YTD.  Almost all the advisory-level events here have ended with mix or plain RA, which inevitably means that locales not far to the S or E got considerably less.

31.3" here but i think you will be padding your lead over the next couple days.

NAM actually has a mesolow still forming tomorrow morning near LI and tracking just off E MA. There could be some sfc cold locked in for a time. May have to watch for freezing drizzle over interior (even interior CP) after the light snow.

Prob a nowcast but this mesolow has been showing up on multiple runs. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

NAM actually has a mesolow still forming tomorrow morning near LI and tracking just off E MA. There could be some sfc cold locked in for a time. May have to watch for freezing drizzle over interior (even interior CP) after the light snow.

#packintact 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yes - for sure. HRRR keeps BDL below freezing for a while. 

Just now, Spanks45 said:

What a waste of cold air....27 for the high, already down to 25 and it will be 45 tomorrow and light rain...great stuff:raining:

This was the airmass that was setting the table for a solid advisory event if the front running wave had been the main show. 

Too bad...because nice high and such would have given us some nice fronto assist. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dryslot said:

31.3" here but i think you will be padding your lead over the next couple days.

Climo asserting itself?  In the 8 years that we've participated in KevinMA's snow table, you've reported more than me 5 times, though (thanks to March 2014) my 94.0" is higher  - by 0.4".  I'd guess that that climo would have us about 15" apart over the long term.   The above-climo magnitude, on a percent basis rather than inches, probably grows even greater as one moves south - perhaps as far as the NYC area.  Not this year (so far - if/when Ray's winter forecast verifies, that could easily change.)

33 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This was the airmass that was setting the table for a solid advisory event if the front running wave had been the main show. 

Too bad...because nice high and such would have given us some nice fronto assist. 

I know mother nature doesn't care, but it has been a ton of bad luck since November 15th one would think the law of average says something finally breaks the right way....

On 10/9/2018 at 7:56 AM, Kevin W said:

All set for another season guys!
If you were on the list last year, you're already on it for this season, and your username and password will still work.
Any additions for this season, via this thread, or PM, I will get to when I can.

New England Snow

If you had the member edit page bookmarked, either delete it and bookmark it again, or edit the link to add the "s" after http, or you may get a 401 error.

20 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Where is that table?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Climo asserting itself?  In the 8 years that we've participated in KevinMA's snow table, you've reported more than me 5 times, though (thanks to March 2014) my 94.0" is higher  - by 0.4".  I'd guess that that climo would have us about 15" apart over the long term.   The above-climo magnitude, on a percent basis rather than inches, probably grows even greater as one moves south - perhaps as far as the NYC area.  Not this year (so far - if/when Ray's winter forecast verifies, that could easily change.)

We will see coming up if things go as forecasted, Has not been much to hang your hat on so far.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it was frigid today... highs in the lower teens at MVL/MPV up this way after lows near zero.   Would've set the stage well for a nice front end burst for all. 

Could've been one sweet SWFE for New England... but man these are the types of breaks that have been happening all season it seems.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1