Most Online
    Greenmachine1123
    Newest Member
    Greenmachine1123

December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

Moderate snow in

SW Concord near

CLT motor speedway.

The ULL has already given me longer snow duration then did yesterday's Sleet Fest. Gotta LOVE the Southern Piedmont. 

• Like 1

Just now, PackGrad05 said:

Crazy.  I hope that gets down here!  My yard looks like it did 2 days ago.  Dormant bermuda grass.  No snow.

Different world up here. Big quarter size flakes coming down.  

Nice steady  snow continuing here in Mooresville. Some big flakes mixed in with tiny ones putting a nice fresh coat on top of what fell yesterday. Wife ventured out a bit ago and side roads are a mess still

Do we have any updated idea on duration/intensity for Charlotte? Snowing pretty good near Park Road Shopping Center, but radar looks more impressive to SW/NE. Are a couple of the models showing 2-3 inches still to be believed? My fiance is trying to make a call on opening her store at noon or not at all.

ETA: of the short range models, the RGEM looks to be matching up the closest with actual radar returns. Hopefully others are seeing that too, and I'm not just wishcasting.

Has been snowing IMBY in E Durham since I got up about an hour ago. Puffy flakes, coming down pretty good.