• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Chesta
    Newest Member
    Chesta

December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

Just eyeballing it but I’m thinking close to 5” here in North Raleigh.  We are only a few miles from the Durham County line so I think that made a huge difference.

So as this storm ends for me it is with great joy I get to tell a small story. As a kid growing up in eastern NC lots of times we had overnight snow forecast and woke up to nothing but rain. It happened a lot and I was always disappointed. This morning my 2 yr old woke up and found himself surrounded by 3 inches of fresh snow........that makes this a great little storm for us folks east of 95 who weren't expecting much.

IMG_3321.jpg

• Like 18

1 minute ago, FallsLake said:

I only got three hours sleep. But it was worth seeing this overperform. 

It must have came down hard. And it is really fluffy. Looks like the Christmas 2010 snow.

Just now, Brick Tamland said:

It must have came down hard. And it is really fluffy. Looks like the Christmas 2010 snow.

It's now a race between the next heavy band and the snow/sleet line. I think we'll be able to stay snow for this band which could give us an additional 2" or so. Later we're going to have to deal with an ice storm. NWS now calling for >.25" of freezing rain.

Not hearing any pings under these heavy returns in Cary. This forecast is definitely busting on the high end. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

It's now a race between the next heavy band and the snow/sleet line. I think we'll be able to stay snow for this band which could give us an additional 2" or so. Later we're going to have to deal with an ice storm. NWS now calling for >.25" of freezing rain.

Yes, looks like we are in the jackpot zone for Wake County. 

37 minutes ago, MarvelMountain said:

Hammered.  Looks like 8 to 10 inches. Everything stopped over an hour ago. Very strange.

hammered.JPG

Awesome man! Got about 6" here in Bostic. I assume you will pick back up very soon! I was wondering what the upper part of the county looked like. Thanks for posting!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, thunderwolf said:

Mainly rain with some sleet mixed in in southern wake

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

The changeover happened very quick over in Pitt County it literally took for 5 minutes for it to go from snow to rain

• Sad 1