Total Members
    Most Online
    SWineman
    Newest Member
    SWineman
Amos83

December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

8 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Beautiful snow!  Everything is white. Temp down to 31.5. 

I guess I'm north of you in Granville.  Nothing here.  DP is 23, temp 32.  Breezy.

24 minutes ago, burgertime said:

Yea that's pretty wild! Enjoy man!

Yeah snows picked up quite a bit here over the last 15 minutes. Really coming down at a decent clip but surface temp is still 36 so no sticking around. Like I said this was never my storm so anything I see is just a bonus.

• Like 1

Temps are busting WAY on the low side Here in WILM! 

Heavy rain rates off & on.. 

That CAD is AMAZING!

Doubt I'll see ANY Flakes, but My temps have crashed

From the "Forecasted 46F" overnight temps"

Temps  have fallin to 39F dew point of 37F and still Falling!!!!!

Strong ENE winds @ 13 mph..

Watching the Rain/Ice snow line creeping south, about 75miles away from the coast!

• Like 1

Just now, SENC said:

Temps are busting WAY on the low side Here in WILM! 

Heavy rain rates off & on.. 

That CAD is AMAZING!

Doubt I'll see ANY Flakes, but My temps have crashed

From the "Forecasted 46F" overnight temps"

Temps  have fallin to 39F dew point of 37F and still Falling!!!!!

Strong ENE winds @ 13 mph..

Watching the Rain/Ice snow line creeping south, about 75miles away from the coast!

Hopefully you get a flake or two down there! That would be amazing.

• Like 1

Really snowing good here in Greenville. Just took a video and I'm uploading it to youtube. Not what you guys out west are getting but I have big flakes and lots of em.

• Thanks 1

Just now, mackerel_sky said:

Think the GFSv3 failed! Was the wrong model to hug! NAM did great, warmer/ less snow! We were in denial! 34 rain/ip mixed

Yeah the Fv3 stunk it up on totals with this storm. Gonna be hard to trust it in the future.

• Haha 1

If the HRRR is correct, the FV 3 will have been close to reality up here.  HRRR is consistent with 1.5-1.8" qpf with snow totals around 15" in the northern Triad. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SENC said:

Dern @shaggy My local nexrad radar shows you got ALL SN (and still creeping southwards towards Me)

officially have a dusting on the ground now and its just dumping big fat flakes right now.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Poimen said:

If the HRRR is correct, the FV 3 will have been close to reality up here.  HRRR is consistent with 1.5-1.8" qpf with snow totals around 15" in the northern Triad. 

HRRR was showing the sleet line holding and not getting through wake until 7 or 8 this morning. You guys should have atleast another 4 hours of all snow after that so i can see it being a reality.

7 minutes ago, Poimen said:

I'm pulling for it. If it's correct I'll get ~7" before the sleet takes over. And then I should stay sleet until most of the precip leaves. 

Currently around an inch on the ground. Snow is moderate but the flakes have gotten smaller. Temp is 30.6. 

8 minutes ago, wxdawg10 said:

HRRR was showing the sleet line holding and not getting through wake until 7 or 8 this morning. You guys should have atleast another 4 hours of all snow after that so i can see it being a reality.

Hope it is right. Snows a few inches and then switches over to sleet. Didn’t show too much freezing rain either. Perfect scenario if it verifies.  

conditions under that band are far better than I was hoping for. Like i've said not my storm I was only forecast for 1 to 2 inches I just wanted to see some heavy snow and I've got my wish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@shaggy,, My Brother, just Messaged Me, He's reporting Rain/SN mixed.. He resides in Sneads Ferry, N.C., He's currently under a bright "yellow" band  on Radar.. 

Looks  like I'm about get a Dry slot here for a bit..

Temps have  Crashed here to now 36F,,   Talk about a temperature forecast BUST

Again that CAD is AMAZING!

Light Rain ATM

Still ENE Winds @ 13mph

Snow falling Morganton, NC. Looks to be around 4 inches or so with compaction. Temperature is 32°.

Starting to hear reports of power outages, and that only looks to increase with the heavy wet snow. Trees are hanging low already, and we still have a good ways to go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WxJordan said:

Snow falling Morganton, NC. Looks to be around 4 inches or so with compaction. Temperature is 32°.

Starting to hear reports of power outages, and that only looks to increase with the heavy wet snow. Trees are hanging low already, and we still have a good ways to go.

You thinking we stay all snow tommorrow??