Posted 11 minutes ago
...Significant Winter Storm to Impact much of Central North
Carolinas tonight through Monday...
.A developing winter storm will spread heavy snow and ice
across central North Carolina tonight and Sunday. Some wintry
precipitation may linger Sunday night into Monday prolonging the
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM SUNDAY TO 7 PM EST
* WHAT...Snow late tonight and Sunday morning, becoming mixed snow
and freezing rain Sunday afternoon. A transition to all freezing
rain is possible Sunday afternoon. Total snow accumulations of
3 to 6 inches. Total ice accumulations of up to a quarter inch
* WHERE...A corridor of the eastern Piedmont and northwest
Sandhills regions of central North Carolina. This includes much
of the Triangle area.
* WHEN...From 1 AM Sunday to 7 PM EST Monday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travel is likely to be very difficult
Sunday and Sunday night. Even in locations with lesser snow
accumulations, the potential for accumulations of snow and
freezing rain combined will impact travel. Downed trees and
limbs may create significant power outages additional travel
* Temperatures in the upper 20s to around 30 Sunday morning,
rising into the lower 30s Sunday afternoon and evening.
they pulled the trigger