• Member Statistics

    15,568
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    havaninotlari
    Newest Member
    havaninotlari
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
Orangeburgwx

December 8-10, 2018 Winter Storm

Recommended Posts

The dew point analysis map is digging much deeper than the HRRR model is showing.  The HRRR model showed the 35 line a bit further back into Georgia but the analysis shows it stretched all the way down into the panhandle.  That is strong wedge IMO.

 image.thumb.png.7a8719a405f4bfcfd05503ddeee6e4fd.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to continue to see colder temps moving south on the FV3 I hope the trend south on the Operational models hasn’t stopped. Sorry VA, but the upstate S.C. doesn’t score as well as you do. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

 

LOL is that 20 inches in Little Rock?

 

3 minutes ago, burgertime said:

Have limited maps on SV so have no clue how it got there. 

6z FV3 gave the LR area between 1-3" on the Kuchera... Just saying...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mckinnonwg said:

The dew point analysis map is digging much deeper than the HRRR model is showing.  The HRRR model showed the 35 line a bit further back into Georgia but the analysis shows it stretched all the way down into the panhandle.  That is strong wedge IMO.

 image.thumb.png.7a8719a405f4bfcfd05503ddeee6e4fd.png

My current DP is dead freezing... Right at 32

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

 

LOL is that 20 inches in Little Rock?

Looks like it, which is somewhat odd since Little Rock isn't under an advisory of any sort with only a chance of a little snow/sleet at the end according to NWS.

I suspect that map is showing ZR/IP as snow, but even so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, superjames1992 said:

Looks like it, which is somewhat odd since Little Rock isn't under an advisory of any sort with only a chance of a little snow/sleet at the end according to NWS.

Maybe it's on crack? I have no clue since I just have accumulation maps. Very strange indeed but usually RGM is money. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Orangeburgwx said:

My current DP is dead freezing... Right at 32

This was the 10z analysis so I definitely expect slight variations but that is solid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, burgertime said:

Maybe it's on crack? I have no clue since I just have accumulation maps. Very strange indeed but usually RGM is money. 

Yeah, I agree the RGEM usually does a decent job.

Regarding DPs, the DP is 36 this morning down here in the tropical panhandle of FL, BTW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Actually I would consider that a win. Bring it!

Just subtract out that .25 of freezing rain and I'd take it. Banking on more snow than that though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PackWxMan said:

RDU - 4inches / .25 FRZ Rain / dusting

CLT - 1 inch / .25inch sleet 

GSO - 8inch / .15 FRZ rain

 

count it

NICE!  Loving that for RDU!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, packfan98 said:

Definitely colder 850's on the GFS.

Looking for what you are seeing... I dont see any change at 850 or surface really.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PackWxMan said:

Looking for what you are seeing... I dont see any change at 850 or surface really.....

I was comparing the 850 temps.  It was colder than the 6z up through hr 27.  It went the other way after that I'm afraid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BFF said:

image.png.5d1c3732b682176fd1c4db8e39221330.png

Not a bad sounding right there for CLT at H42. Fully saturated in the DGZ.

Thanks! I have my fingers crossed for the Belmont and Charlotte area(s). Good luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PackWxMan said:

RDU - 4inches / .25 FRZ Rain / dusting

CLT - 1 inch / .25inch sleet 

GSO - 8inch / .15 FRZ rain

 

count it

Where is the other 1.5 in of QPF? Plain rain? It's not a ridiculous guess given climo and potential late north adjustments, but this seems very off base, given recent model trends.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.