• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    crossbowftw3
    Newest Member
    crossbowftw3

December 8-10, 2018 Winter Storm

14 minutes ago, Orangeburgwx said:

So where the TT shows me getting rain, in actuality it will be a sleetfest for me?

No.  It will be 34-36 for a low in orangeburg sc.  Cold rain for you sir

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, beanskip said:

I think it would be very, very, very dangerous to assume the Canadian is wrong here. Historically there have definitely been winter storms it has sniffed out accurately before even King Euro. Not saying it's right, saying it possible it's right. 

1000% agree.  If this was Friday I might throw it out but still too far out to throw any solutions out.

• Like 2

It may prove me wrong this time, but I hate the Canadian model.  It has been way north the whole time and is now correcting south.  It's just not very good.  I'm sure its solution is within the realm of possibility, but I still don't like it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cold Rain said:

It may prove me wrong this time, but I hate the Canadian model.  It has been way north the whole time and is now correcting south.  It's just not very good.  I'm sure its solution is within the realm of possibility, but I still don't like it.

I agree. Don't mean to suggest it should be given high credence, just not zero credence. 

6 minutes ago, Touchet said:

Anyone worried about the NW trend?

Why would I worry about the NW trend when models are already giving me rain..? I am at peace 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, gearhead302 said:

No.  It will be 34-36 for a low in orangeburg sc.  Cold rain for you sir

Looked at the soundings IMBY... Got nailed by the warm nose, if it wasn't for that I would have all snow

1 minute ago, franklin NCwx said:

Looks a lot farther north

It's getting ready to Miller B and switch to the coast I think, mine froze and wont show any more panels.

The overall pressure fields look fairly similar — a little weaker up north and maybe a tad slower with the low.

031266BB-1A6B-4F7B-A834-140706295BE1.gif

It's Miller B hybrid basically...the advantage with this storm is having the damming high out front.  We haven't had that in some recent winter storms.  So, upstate to Charlotte to Raleigh, you just hope to get smacked with the early heavy overrunning portion of the storm before the warming aloft moves in....and make no mistake about it, it will move in with this setup.  Of course, things will change on the models over the next 3 days...that's almost a certainty.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1