• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 8-10, 2018 Winter Storm

Orangeburgwx

Really I wouldn't even focus on p-types much right now at all, not until the NAM-3km and RGEM has taken a couple of cracks at this storm. Until then, a rough guideline would be to take the modeled 850 0C line and imagine another line 50-75 miles north of that... there's your sleet zone between those lines. We're still talking NC snow, lol. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, griteater said:

UKMet tends to be skimpy with precip at range, so the precip amount signal is a big deal there

It sure is. 

I'm also beginning to wonder if this thing arrives early like other overrunning/el nino events. Also wondering if we overperform on QPF like we have for almost every storm since Hurricane Florence. 

• Like 1

You guys see that kuchera map on fv3 and notice the drop in totals foothills western piedmont,then pick back up triangle area. But in Va, stae line area it was more uniform W-E. The old carolina split and with 850 low right under our nose but atleast luckily passing to our south,it will transfer energy as it morphs or phases with surface low off coast. 

2 minutes ago, Wow said:

12z GEFS snow totals individual panels.  A lot more agreement for a big winter storm.  Best chances still WNC.. still some members cutting north to hit the MA which would be an issue for eastern half of the state

uRUgyOl.png

Looks very consistent. I count 17 or 18 that I would consider a big storm for me.

1 minute ago, griteater said:

Euro out to 69...the northern stream wave is a little more in front of the southern stream from a longitude standpoint and the NE trough isn't as far to the east...think it could slightly south this run, but just guessing...tough to say

Out to 75 I tend to agree gonna be timing on this one. Also looks wetter compared to 00z in LA.