Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 15-16 First Frozen Obs/Nowcast

WxUSAF

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Yeah we did a bit.  PG/AA/HoCo/Balt City missed out a bit.  Best action was definitely in NoVA and jackpotville.  

Was all rain when I left Greenbelt to drive home, but still largely sleet at home in Columbia.  Roads in my neighborhood are a mess.

Can a warm nose set up between areas like DC/Nova and jackpotville? It was weird seeing the reports of snow in DC (and my wife was sending me pics from NE DC where she works of snow on ground) at same time for about an hour that we were still rain/sleet up this way. Does warm air at certain levels work that way?

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

Can a warm nose set up between areas like DC/Nova and jackpotville? It was weird seeing the reports of snow in DC (and my wife was sending me pics from NE DC where she works of snow on ground) at same time for about an hour that we were still rain/sleet up this way. Does warm air at certain levels work that way?

It can and a few model progs definitely had a warm nose to the east over central MD and the Bay while NoVA and the PA line stayed cold.  Looks like that verified.  Combine that with some more favorable banding in those areas and that's the result.  General 1-2" for PG/AA/HoCo/Balt City with 2-4" for MoCo/BaltCo/HarCo and 3-6" for jackpotville.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

It can and a few model progs definitely had a warm nose to the east over central MD and the Bay while NoVA and the PA line stayed cold.  Looks like that verified.  Combine that with some more favorable banding in those areas and that's the result.  General 1-2" for PG/AA/HoCo/Balt City with 2-4" for MoCo/BaltCo/HarCo and 3-6" for jackpotville.  

Thanks! I had no idea that it could work that way. Helps to understand for future events.

We’ve switched to sleet completely. Warning snowfall in November?! LETS GO. About 5” before compacting began  

I expect a couple weeks of a progressive pattern after this week and then another reload. Winter may very well come in with a roar this year. 

Any snowfall in November is a bonus..

ps - anyone looking at what’s going on in KY area? Round 2 late tonight perhaps? 

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

Roads were fine on the way home from Woodlawn to ODenton.  Worst part was ponding water where gutters were clogged.

Kudos to AA county for making the right call and having a full school day

Looks like you guys were just too far south. Far western HoCo Moco and places WNW and northern Baltimore were the jackpots. Even Ellicott City got 2”. AA county and eastern Baltimore got the shaft 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic