• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Annual end of Oct blockbuster

Ginx snewx

My whole point in bringing that up was that this next upcoming storm system as currently modeled does not look to have nearly the same supply of fresh cold air down here in Southern New England,  it's going to take a really phased bomb to get it done and the models have been backing away from that scenario and bringing the upper level support swinging through with a separate storm after the initial coastal.  We'll see how it all plays out but you would have to favor the mountains up north for anything significant right now  

Yes sir(not nearly the anomolous look of the Octobomb) and looking much more benign than it did....but we'll see if it goes back the other way again like it sometimes does.  I never expected any snow from this upcoming weekend system in SNE...so no disappointments here.   I'd rather our first snow come in November anyway(lol as if I/we have a choice either way lol).     

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Coastal NH is not really NNE... it might as well be Scooter's house     climo there is more mild that further up an in.

Could be nice on the coast as far as wind and rain

Agreed...this is more CNE and climo is milder especially this time of year compared to up north (ocean influence). But later in the season we tend to do well especially in 128/495 systems compared to Boston, points south. As for this upcoming storm, hoping we can take a few limbs down but this doesn't look as impressive as it did last week.

3 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Coastal NH is not really NNE... it might as well be Scooter's house     climo there is more mild that further up an in.

Could be nice on the coast as far as wind and rain

39 minutes ago, rimetree said:

Agreed...this is more CNE and climo is milder especially this time of year compared to up north (ocean influence). But later in the season we tend to do well especially in 128/495 systems compared to Boston, points south. As for this upcoming storm, hoping we can take a few limbs down but this doesn't look as impressive as it did last week.

I forgot the CNE definition exist. But agree we're milder than folks up north.