• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ginx snewx

Annual end of Oct blockbuster

56 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Snow would be a disaster here with fully foliated trees.

Ya I wouldn’t worry about any snow from that system here anyway.  A month from now and we’d be in business... 

Does anyone have access to 'repostable' products that display the spread of the EPS ...?

heh...didn't think so...  But, I'd be interested in where the outliers are pointing - my hunch is deeper

Interesting spread for the end of the month into the first few weeks of November, a persistent PNA ridge is present into NW Canada and even some into Alaska.  Troughing in the east, could lead to some more frost the next few weeks with snow next month.

• Like 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Not claiming it isn't significant, but its just something that I couldn't care less about.

Truthfully, me either. I know Steve loves him some coastal impacts though. 

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Could go for a beefy autumnal blow.  Those can be pretty fun, even if all rain.

Got to get some practice in tracking

I'll pass thanks.

although it might be nice to get all the leaves off the trees at once. 

4 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Does anyone have access to 'repostable' products that display the spread of the EPS ...?

heh...didn't think so...  But, I'd be interested in where the outliers are pointing - my hunch is deeper

Yes whats the question 

14-km EPS Members United States MSLP + 6h Precipitation 252.png

14-km EPS Members United States MSLP + 6h Precipitation 216.png

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Not really interested...unless high tides are your thing.

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No one is joking. I just said that I wasn't interested, but also said its meteorologically significant.

Is it possible for it to be snow, sure...possible the Brewers sweep the Sox, too.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I'm sure I'll incur his wrath for this, but so be it. Certainly thread worthy in a weather forum, though.

Totally a discussion of merit. Because some are not interested is a waste of a post.  Could be nada but its got energy,climo and some hemispheric support. We watch just like we watch almost every last week in Oct. Wanna have some fun go ahead and check out some of these analog dates.

Personal update. Some continued left side paralysis weakness. 4 weeks of NADA so I updated all screens. Ipad pro. Galaxy Note 9. We geek basically one handed 

814analog.off.gif

• Like 1

I think we can't underestimate the possibility that eastern NYS and western areas of New England could see accumulating snows from next weekend's storm potential and many areas see rain changing to snow, it is only possible if the arctic jet indeed comes into better focus and intervenes with this coastal cyclone.  I wouldn't be a betting man, but I say its non zero

• Like 1

What a bomb on the Euro

Hurricane force winds for New England coast.

If this was a little big earlier to phase.

Wow big potential

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snow88 said:

What a bomb on the Euro

Hurricane force winds for New England coast.

If this was a little big earlier to phase.

Wow big potential

Yeah Euro with a 952 MB storm is very impressive!! 

• Like 1