Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Monday.

Do you travel far to find your spot?  (I can walk out from the front porch, though I drive down the road a bit so the dog won't follow.)  Saturday upcoming and next Monday for me  - hoping for decent wx.  Have not put on the orange yet.

Strong winds, but nothing approaching advisory level in our sheltered locale.  Saw some pink clouds and a bit of blue on the horizon at sunset.  Had 0.90" as of 7:30 AM, guessing 3-4 tenths since.

7 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Do you travel far to find your spot?  (I can walk out from the front porch, though I drive down the road a bit so the dog won't follow.)  Saturday upcoming and next Monday for me  - hoping for decent wx.  Have not put on the orange yet.

I don't have the luxury to walk out the front door, lol, I have hunted in Livermore the last 30 yrs or so which is 35 mins away, I have a bonus tag in zone 22 which is in this area so i went out this afternoon to scope out an area not to far from the house, Also took a ride to Greene where i had hunted back in the 70's, Went up to an orchard where we use to hunt, saw it was hunting by permission only, And low and behold big doe walking between the first row of trees about 25 yds from the truck, She stops and looks at me in the truck, And just continues to walk up the row.............:(

Here's a totally reliable gauge for ya... went for a two and a half hour bike ride west of the Dorptown here.  Into the wind it was roaring, in a crosswind I leaned about ten degrees into it to stay straight and if it gusted I needed a good grip on the bars.  Heading home at 30mph there was no wind noise in the helmet at all.   Would have been real fun with deep section wheels on.