• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

This is ideal for me in New England. Warm November so we can switch over to chilly pattern in December. Funny thing is, I'd be upset if November torches in North Carolina because 70s/80s is not my idea of fun to enjoy autumn weather there. 50s/60s is perfect for this time of year.

6 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

This is ideal for me in New England. Warm November so we can switch over to chilly pattern in December. Funny thing is, I'd be upset if November torches in North Carolina because 70s/80s is not my idea of fun to enjoy autumn weather there. 50s/60s is perfect for this time of year.

We will give you another year to get upset about warm november's up here.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

Honestly, I don't think that'll ever change especially after days of cold rain :lol:

Your a little further SW of here, We have had some cold novembers and snow here over the 61+ yrs i have been around so i have different expectations.................lol

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I always consider November as the transition month heading into winter, You can have warm sunny days or cold rain and or snow days during the month, But generally, I like to see signs of a colder second half to set up December for a winter month.

My stance on December has softened some....I don't think its going to be December 2009, but probably better than Dec 2014...maybe similar to 2004 activity wise...one or two decent events. Main difference from 2004 being the first half will probably be more favorable then the second half. Dec 2004 had the boxing day event that nailed the cape.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My stance on December has softened some....I don't think its going to be December 2009, but probably better than Dec 2014...maybe similar to 2004, main difference being the first half will probably be more favorable then the second half. Dec 2004 had the boxing day event that nailed the cape.

We will probably end up with this guy again this year..............

how-the-grinch-stole-writing.png.85ac24b52f0012eb9b189f27b0f41e77.png

15 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Thanks for the suggestions folks. I totally forgot to stop coming home from work today. I’ll stop tomorrow.

In the meantime I sprayed some white vinegar and wRm water where I’ve seen them. Supposedly this eliminates their trail, and they can’t stand the smell.

Not really important I guess, but does anyone know why I only see them in the morning when I’m leaving for work st about quarter to six? 

Some of those critters are nocturnal, and they all tend to hide when giants are walking about.

38 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I always consider November as the transition month heading into winter, You can have warm sunny days or cold rain and or snow days during the month, But generally, I like to see signs of a colder second half to set up December for a winter month.

I agree with this.  November can waffle back and forth.  So far we are +2.7° for the first week of November, which seems within what would be a "normal" range if you consider the variable nature that November has.

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Should, There everywhere, I had one on me last week.

The rain has really brought them out here. The dog and I ended a walk after 15 minutes last week on a heavy trafficed trail due to ticks. Luckily he is partly white, I ended up taking over 20 of them off him (non were in yet) and 3 off me. Nightmarish

11 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

The rain has really brought them out here. The dog and I ended a walk after 15 minutes last week on a heavy trafficed trail last week due to ticks. Luckily he is partly white, I ended up taking over 20 of them off him (non were in yet) and 3 off me. Nightmarish

They're brutal.

36 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

The rain has really brought them out here. The dog and I ended a walk after 15 minutes last week on a heavy trafficed trail due to ticks. Luckily he is partly white, I ended up taking over 20 of them off him (non were in yet) and 3 off me. Nightmarish

You don’t put a preventive on your pup?

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Doesn't necessarily keep them off the pet, just keeps them from digging in for a meal.  One October here when grandkids (and their parents of course) were visiting, they picked about 10 off our yellow Lab mix - the little horrors had ridden into the house on the outer fur.

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We do but they still get on. In RI NexGuard worked but in Amherst we found them everywhere in the house and on us. They would ride him in the house then come off. The old behind the neck Frontline is about all that work. We don't find them on him or in the house but we will see them crawling on him when they first get on.