Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

10 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

21.4F.  Coldest of season.  Was supposed to get the furnace cleaned this morning.  Service company called and had to reschedule.  They blamed the cold weather causing issues for customers...

Really?

Maybe they mean the problems all came at once? We had ours done last month. 

31 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Maybe they mean the problems all came at once? We had ours done last month. 

I’m pretty sure that is what they meant. We used to have ours serviced in August, then it kept creeping outward.  I was able to get a service scheduled for today which was good since I was not working. Now it’s rescheduled for the day after Thanksgiving which works as well, although we have guests staying over.

oh well...

4 hours ago, MetHerb said:

19° here too.  First teens of the season.  It was also my first day to average below 32.  Next step is a daytime high below 32°.

Never ceases to amaze me how you and I run neck and neck with winter lows despite having 50mi difference in latitude.  We are usually in sync.  Bob also matches up pretty well.

Hoping for the first real plowable snowfall at home (3" or more) in the valley... the crusty coating around home looks like Dryslot's photo but would take the wintry vibe up a notch to really cover the ground up.

HRRR keeps us in the 3-6" type range.  I think 3-4" on about 0.5" precip would be my best guess.

Looks like even 50% of New England could see snow out of this one, so getting more widespread with each event.

cC7gHT3.png

10 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Hoping for the first real plowable snowfall at home (3" or more) in the valley... the crusty coating around home looks like Dryslot's photo but would take the wintry vibe up a notch to really cover the ground up.

HRRR keeps us in the 3-6" type range.  I think 3-4" on about 0.5" precip would be my best guess.

Looks like even 50% of New England could see snow out of this one, so getting more widespread with each event.

cC7gHT3.png

What a sneaky good pattern for the ski areas the last few weeks. 

Synoptic storm after another has taken similar track and been juicy , and temps BN. At 1500’ and above most of NNE looks like winter

I've been using HostGator for years for my weather site but their pricing is ridiculous for what I need but I will say for what I need they've been pretty reliable. Anyone using cloud based servers for personal websites? Just curious about ease of setup, reliability, etc compared to ground based servers

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk