Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You may get sultaned tonight. Keep the cox above water.

We just can’t dry out and everything going dormant isn’t helping water uptake. I saw that SOS line you were talking about on multiple models. I fully expect it to center over me. 

20 minutes ago, dendrite said:

We just can’t dry out and everything going dormant isn’t helping water uptake. I saw that SOS line you were talking about on multiple models. I fully expect it to center over me. 

What a difference its been from your place over to here.  We have finally been getting some rain over the last 4-6 weeks but before that it had been dry to the point that people with wells were starting to have issues.  As PF pointed out in the post below yours, we seem to be coming out of that now.

20181030_VT_trd.jpg

30 minutes ago, mreaves said:

What a difference its been from your place over to here.  We have finally been getting some rain over the last 4-6 weeks but before that it had been dry to the point that people with wells were starting to have issues.  As PF pointed out in the post below yours, we seem to be coming out of that now.

20181030_VT_trd.jpg

All of the cocorahs stations here are about 2ft since July. I’ll have to add my totals up at home later. 

35 minutes ago, mreaves said:

20181030_VT_trd.jpg

We missed most of the July and August rains, but it certainly hasn't felt like a drought with above normal rain in September and well above normal rain in October....and looks to continue now in November. 

There was standing water in my yard this morning.  

Hopefully this means the precip anomalies are moving in up here for the winter ;).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We missed most of the July and August rains, but it certainly hasn't felt like a drought with above normal rain in September and well above normal rain in October....and looks to continue now in November.  

There was standing water in my yard this morning.  

Hopefully this means the precip anomalies are moving in up here for the winter ;).

Wet begets wet.

Maybe we see a little sun on Sunday?  

No sun this week and maybe Sunday will be the only day with a shot of sun in a 2 week period?

WTF at this forecast.  More multi-day rainers again next week.

Monday
Mostly cloudy. Highs in the upper 40s. 
Monday Night
Showers likely. Lows around 40. Chance of rain 60 percent. 
Tuesday
Showers likely. Highs in the mid 50s. Chance of rain 60 percent. 
Tuesday Night
Rain. Lows in the upper 40s. Chance of rain 80 percent. 
Wednesday
Rain. Highs in the upper 50s. Chance of rain 80 percent. 
Wednesday Night
Showers likely. Lows around 40. Chance of rain 60 percent. 

7 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

1.2" today.  Yay. 

eager to see what you report from the overnight.

Meanwhile, methinks BOX is being a bit aggressive for the winds in GC.  They have us in an advisory which I think makes sense, but the p/c and zfp both have this.

Today
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 1pm, then scattered showers. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Areas of fog before 1pm. Temperature rising to near 55 by 11am, then falling to around 45 during the remainder of the day. Breezy, with a light and variable wind becoming west 15 to 20 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 32. West wind 8 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph.

I'd shave 15 mph off of both.

3 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

eager to see what you report from the overnight.

Meanwhile, methinks BOX is being a bit aggressive for the winds in GC.  They have us in an advisory which I think makes sense, but the p/c and zfp both have this.

Today
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 1pm, then scattered showers. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Areas of fog before 1pm. Temperature rising to near 55 by 11am, then falling to around 45 during the remainder of the day. Breezy, with a light and variable wind becoming west 15 to 20 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 32. West wind 8 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph.

I'd shave 15 mph off of both.

I'm more concerned with the susatined 15-20 coupled with gusts to 60 mph. Gust factors of 4 are basically unheard of without some wonky convective influences.

In general a typical CAA wind event is about a 1.5 gust factor, but a stronger or strongly forced event could be around 2. 

16 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I'm more concerned with the susatined 15-20 coupled with gusts to 60 mph. Gust factors of 4 are basically unheard of without some wonky convective influences.

In general a typical CAA wind event is about a 1.5 gust factor, but a stronger or strongly forced event could be around 2. 

So gusts 30-40.  Sounds closer to reality.

The only real risk for damage in SNE will be in NE Mass.  Fun up by you though.

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

So gusts 30-40.  Sounds closer to reality.

The only real risk for damage in SNE will be in NE Mass.  Fun up by you though.

Probably somewhere between the two. I would increase sustained and lower gusts. 

But there is a window for you too, around 20z, where a rouge 60 mph is not out of the question. Again, I would hedge more towards 50 mph, but a couple models do support higher.