Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

14 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Another October day where the temperature stayed in the 30s... high of 38F and raw with some morning flurries, snow grains.  

Hard to believe the difference from the first half of the month to the second half.

Yesterday made 10 in a row that failed to top 42.  Avg max for those days 39.6 (11° BN), avg departure -7.7.  Probably less than 24 hours of sunshine during the entire stretch.

The 80 ft tall oak behind the house retains half its leaves.  That's more foliage than the combined total of the other hundred or so trees visible from the yard.

3 hours ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

This months been awful for sunshine, most day's have been solidly overcast. BDL still 0.6+ for the month, hard to get rid of such a huge positive departure from normal earlier this month.

I wish sunshine was one of the values I recorded because I have to agree, at least anecdotally.  I always kid my wife about winter life in the midwest - it always seems to be overcast and cloudy there and I was commenting to her how cloudy it's been here.

It looks like I was able to erase the positive departures the first 12 days of the month for me.  My average temp for the month is 2.7° BN at 47.3°.  Every day since then has been a negative departure and the average temp for me was actually my 8th coolest October in 33 years.  I recorded 4 record low maxes but no record low temps so most of the departure has been on the cooler high temps, at least for me.

Man what an ugly afternoon.

35F with a quick 0.3" at the base of the ski resort in the past two hours, along with 37F at .2" rain at home and a lot coming.  

Folks in BTV happy this isn't a snowstorm as not much has happened there despite a couple hours of steady to heavy rainfall in the mountains.  These were the events that would drive me nuts when I lived in the valley.  Downslope off Adirondacks and then upslope into the Greens...leaving a nice precip-free zone over Burlington area.

IMG_1025.GIF.8f1e45106b1f92c34eed857b2525837b.GIF

1 hour ago, MetHerb said:

wish sunshine was one of the values I recorded because I have to agree, at least anecdotally

Absolute crap for months upon months .  I also wish they kept the data , I would be curious to know when we had even a moderately long stretch of sunny weather . It's been a long long time . 

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

:lol: He comes home and finds the only snow left on his entire property are his 6' tall sculpted snowbanks and then a giant snow weenie pointing towards the road.  The rest is all grass.

Snowblows a 2’ pack in late Feb bare to the ground. Enough for the sun To hit it and push up crocuses.

30 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Awesome evening with the kids. Windy, but temps in low 50s ftw. Was beautiful and sunny late aftn. This after a frosty morning.

Jealous of the sunshine.  This has been a ridiculously cloudy stretch and you have to take advantage of the sunshine when you get it.  Up here we've started another multi-day rain event that will effect all of New England at some point.

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Had to go to a close relative funeral in Chicago.  Flew out Monday evening and coming home tonight after midnight.  Out to San Antonio Monday back Saturday the 10th late.  Could be cold when I return.  My body no longer tolerated these quick changes so well...

Sorry for your loss. 23 here this morning kissed 60 mixed sun clouds, nice afternoon 

44 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Jealous of the sunshine.  This has been a ridiculously cloudy stretch and you have to take advantage of the sunshine when you get it.  Up here we've started another multi-day rain event that will effect all of New England at some point.

We’ll be doored tomorrow lol. But, I’ll take the nice weather. I’m finding more and more how tough it is not  to lose your sh*t when you have kids and the weather sucks. So we sun.