Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

Great story on right now on the Fox News show “Life Liberty and Levin.”   

Mark Levin’s got a climatologist(Dr PATRICK Michaels)on that works for Ceto institute, and a U.N. Climate Panel contributor and reviewer.  The guy is blowing up all the hype on global warming....saying all the climate models have such an overblown forecast with regard to CO2/warming...he says it’s so distorted. He says it’s a Biased and Politically driven agenda for sure!  

Very smart and interesting guy...eye opening for sure.  

9 hours ago, Dan76 said:

Christmas card material right there!

11 hours ago, alex said:

Love the pup enjoying the fire. 

C2B38F4F-A630-4F84-A2E1-EF3C709A83C6.jpeg

A mountain dog for sure.  Once he gets big and starts marking his territory outside that will help keep the bears leary. Lol my bro who lived in Grizzly Brown bear land for 30 years swore that human pee was the best deterrent 

24 here. 

Looks like we need to continue to keep our eye on LWM. 31 there while BVY is 29, BED is 26, and ASH is 23F. 

It either has the worst siting in the region or it's off its rocker by at least a couple degrees F. That will be a fun one for Ray to scrutinize at his new digs this winter. 

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

24 here. 

Looks like we need to continue to keep our eye on LWM. 31 there while BVY is 29, BED is 26, and ASH is 23F. 

It either has the worst siting in the region or it's off its rocker by at least a couple degrees F. That will be a fun one for Ray to scrutinize at his new digs this winter. 

It’s an issue. I know it was brought to BOX’s attention and they sort of shrugged it off.

16 minutes ago, dendrite said:

ASH is pretty far away from downtown and has always radiated well. LWM has always been like MHT...a radiating fail. 29F at MHT this morn.

In LWM's defense they held 4kt pretty much all night. BVY, BED, and ASH all had prolonged calm-3kt periods.

They are on a hill so I suppose it's possible. But it just adds to the issue that they seem to run a bit warm.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

They are on a hill so I suppose it's possible. But it just adds to the issue that they seem to run a bit warm.

Yeah it could be right but I've got my eye on it. If it is correct, it's literally the worst sited station in SNE. 

I'm going to make sure I note the daytime temps there in a homogenous system such as an overrunning precip event...one where there is no chance downsloping, coastal fronts, or radiational cooling can affect it. If it runs like 2F warmer than a place like ASH or BED, then it will be obvious. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it could be right but I've got my eye on it. If it is correct, it's literally the worst sited station in SNE. 

I'm going to make sure I note the daytime temps there in a homogenous system such as an overrunning precip event...one where there is no chance downsloping, coastal fronts, or radiational cooling can affect it. If it runs like 2F warmer than a place like ASH or BED, then it will be obvious. 

One eyed Willie?

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

We have an RWIS up here that the profs at Plym continuously told me tested out correct, yet I suspected it became 3F too warm a some point because it used to run neck and neck with my temps (Canterbury RWIS). Whenever there's an overrunning icing event where we latently rot up to 32F, the whole area sits at 32F while the RWIS is 35F. Sometimes you need to put the calibration tools away and just use your eyes.

24 minutes ago, dendrite said:

We have an RWIS up here that the profs at Plym continuously told me tested out correct, yet I suspected it became 3F too warm a some point because it used to run neck and neck with my temps (Canterbury RWIS). Whenever there's an overrunning icing event where we latently rot up to 32F, the whole area sits at 32F while the RWIS is 35F. Sometimes you need to put the calibration tools away and just use your eyes.

You can have all the fancy tools you want but if it's not freezing at 32°, you have a problem.  

55 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

50 minutes ago, dendrite said:

There was an event last year (12/23/17 ice event maybe?) where KBOS was colder than KLWM. It was a CAD scenario too. No way that was true. Again as you guys said, it did not pass the sniff test. 

About 30 this morning, with sufficient breeze/clouds that there was no moisture on the vehicles, liquid or frozen.  That's twice in 3 days that a low 20s (or colder) forecast was spiked by clouds/wind.  Temp had dropped to near freezing by 8 last night and hardly moved between then and 6:30 this morning as I left for work.  We try again late week, though if the clouds hold off we could be colder this evening than last.

Yeah that's not me and I don't know him.

That said - this is a SOCIAL forum, and making someone feel less-than is not millennial self victimization, it's me telling you how it feels to immediately feel unwelcome in the only place in my life I can turn to to find people who relate to my fascination with weather. 

I'll prob stop posting, keep up the good work guys.