Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

20 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Whe are you headed? I'm thinking of driving up to the Hunter area early in the am before things get bad and spending the day/night in like Tannersville. Really depends on what it's doing imby when I wake up. 

Ya

Was looking at 3 places.

One was a nice mtn lodge (ran about 160$)

Other was a meh hotel/motel for 99

And another a b/b for 120

Looks to me to start snowing by 11pm

On 18z nam

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ya

Was looking at 3 places.

On 18z nam

Take the B&B.  Maybe other weenies in the joint?

Did anyone see the latest advisories and watches and warning issued for the Southern New England region, I mean there is every thing issued for the Coastal Waters, from gale watches to storm warnings and even hurricane force wind watches from Nantucket Sound to the outer coastal waters off the Outer Cape.  I am getting very concerned for more than tree damage here, more like shingles and roofing will be peeled off the roofs of some homes

Well, first of all my thoughts go to all the coastal Mass peeps that are gonna take it on the chin. The flooding is gonna suck there. But I'm ready to cancel my Southbury Weather Center subscription and declare this DOA in my hood. We lost the capture/stall, got a weird yank south to the better vorticity in its place, and before we can capitalize on dynamic cooling it's heading out. Chilly rain on a stiff northeast breeze is the order of the day; hopefully not enough that my basement takes on water. Time to tune up my lawnmower.

I'm looking at the Helderberg Escarpment (1600') out my classroom window right now (400'), about to drive home (225').  Tomorrow should be quite interesting.  Our school has 2 bus runs on the escarpment and the rest down here.  Roads might be fine down here while the mountain gets destroyed.  Tough snow day call.  Will the precip be heavy enough for dynamic cooling down here in the valley?  All hail the NAM! 

23 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ya

Was looking at 3 places.

On 18z nam

Yeah, the start time seems to be trending a little earlier up in the mountains. Doesn't seem like they'll be dealing with much rain at all. I just hate to pay for two nights somewhere especially when I live close by.

4 minutes ago, snowgeek said:

I'm looking at the Helderberg Escarpment (1600') out my classroom window right now (400'), about to drive home (225').  Tomorrow should be quite interesting.  Our school has 2 bus runs on the escarpment and the rest down here.  Roads might be fine down here while the mountain gets destroyed.  Tough snow day call.  Will the precip be heavy enough for dynamic cooling down here in the valley?  All hail the NAM! 

Reminds me of one of my favorite snow pictures ever...

CzhdKaSXAAAllgy.jpg:large

11 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Well, first of all my thoughts go to all the coastal Mass peeps that are gonna take it on the chin. The flooding is gonna suck there. But I'm ready to cancel my Southbury Weather Center subscription and declare this DOA in my hood. We lost the capture/stall, got a weird yank south to the better vorticity in its place, and before we can capitalize on dynamic cooling it's heading out. Chilly rain on a stiff northeast breeze is the order of the day; hopefully not enough that my basement takes on water. Time to tune up my lawnmower.

People are lamenting in their own ways ... but it is clear, adding those up all those intents and purposes, and dividing by the total =  a very, very sore and violated butt right now. 

If it is any consolation, the system in D7-ish is still very much on the table...  I know, I know... people need at least three days of attitude recovery/support group ledge counseling before taking any interest... But, it's out there nonetheless. 

One thing that's a head scratcher ... for those that use the FRH grid (NAM FOUS) ... these numbers over Logan is a lot of heavy snow.  Granted, the top "120" is 1.2 inches up to that point in time, when the temperature is +1, 0, and -1 C at 1000, 900, and 800mb respectively. Still, one has to wonder how much of that QPF falls at that isothermal blue snow profile.  Either way, if some part of that plus the .17" plus the .42"  ... not talking a bad snow at all there.  And that's at Logan where no one is expecting any snow at all.  Weird. 

30120979242 20909 960348 41010099   30032959139 04114 983433 40009895
36017869247 20813 020138 40009797   36015787644 04115 053429 39010197
42042936442 00713 073628 40009900   42000727746 00913 103529 40010098
48001773042 -1321 130232 38029697 

13 minutes ago, Hoth said:

The wife is locking the knife drawer at 12z tomorrow.

20 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Man, tough forecast for ORH hills...was hoping for more clarity today but not getting a lot. Could be either 3" or 20".

Bro you know it's gonna be all rain with maybe 2" of slop glop.  Everything is basically pointing or heading towards that, even the NAM.  This storm is going to end up like vietNAM ---> a giant mess. 

3 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Bro you know it's gonna be all rain with maybe 2" of slop glop.  Everything is basically pointing or heading towards that, even the NAM.  This storm is going to end up like vietNAM ---> a giant mess. 

If I knew it was going to be 2 inches of slush, I wouldn't have made the post I made.

Archived