Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

29 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I happen to be in the area, gf giving me a bunch of s*** about leaving her to chase snow though lol.

Reminds me of the time I was with my gf staying overnight when I was living in the south end circa February 1975.  I had this loft with a great window.  Anyway, I wake Sunday morning to heavy snow.  I jump out of bed stark naked while she beckons me to return.  I tell her I need to see the snow.  Her fateful line “what’s more important, the snow or me”.   When I refused to answer the light went on.  Quick breakup thereafter.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Reminds me of the time I was with my gf staying overnight when I was living in the south end circa February 1975.  I had this loft with a great window.  Anyway, I wake Sunday morning to heavy snow.  I jump out of bed stark naked while she beckons me to return.  I tell her I need to see the snow.  Her fateful line “what’s more important, the snow or me”.   When I refused to answer the light went on.  Quick breakup thereafter.

lol I've heard that line too

12 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I think the issue on some of the models for areas north of me is that just as heights crash the best dynamics shift south and this is why you are seeing higher totals in SE areas.  Whether this is true or not remains to be seen. 

Yup... exactly. It’s not impossible that happens though. Make no mistake, that is well within the possibilities of what will happen. A lot of models have that little finger of accumulation nosing down into SE Mass

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

HRRRX doesn't really flip the ORH Hills (it has some early "snow" but I don't think it'll be legit snowfall that early in the day) until 21z, and dumps 8-10 with lollis over a foot after that.

I pinned my hopes on exactly what is occurring this afternoon.

We're finally getting in to the wheelhouse of models like rgem, nam, other mesos. Seeing some really encouraging stuff for the flip.

6 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

HRRRX doesn't really flip the ORH Hills (it has some early "snow" but I don't think it'll be legit snowfall that early in the day) until 21z, and dumps 8-10 with lollis over a foot after that.

Seems a little amped, but a nice snow after 00z.

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I could envision those like Ryan said a foot above 1K with a foot, say hi to the up hill neighbors lol.

I don’t think I have a chance at a 12+, but I do think 6-10” is possible if things break right . If snow is mixing in , in the morning.. I’d like the chances. These beasts always have surprises. Having it close off south of us keeps us in the game 

HRRR through 10am tomorrow just for posterity.

It actually has more snow falling in the early AM hours at diurnal minimum and then looks to go back towards rain in a lot of the Berkshires except the crest based on P-Type Radar.  The snow is much more widespread in the Berks an hour or two earlier.

9Bad7lG.png

oLNQ4wW.png

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah that would not be good.

I'm not really sure where that anomaly is going to go either. It's tickled down towards 0.5' right now, but with increasing east winds the Ekman Spiral is only going to help push water in from this point on.

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I'm not really sure where that anomaly is going to go either. It's tickled down towards 0.5' right now, but with increasing east winds the Ekman Spiral is only going to help push water in from this point on.

! an Ekman reference, exceptional tidal currents and a full moon goon.

One thing that's sort of interesting for parts of CT in this, and I'm not trying to debbie anyone, just speaking what is being shown is that the firehose is north of CT when it is at it's longest fetch.

Then as the firehose slides south it seems to be more tied to Eastern New England when the dynamic cooling really takes over.  The HRRRX actually looks to flip the coastal plain in Mass over a bit before say the high terrain of NE CT just because of the precip rates.  This thing just mauls E.MA though on this prog.

ISdSyhj.png

As it slides south and rots tomorrow evening/night it seems to keep the firehose precip band more in E.MA/RI.

It'll be interesting to see it develop and could lead to what some were speculating as sort of a gap in snowfall somewhere in there.  As once the best thermals move in, the precip band is up north and then curls SE. 

NX7IdlN.png

hVlvTJY.png

Archived