Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Must have less forcing over everywhere but se mass s ri after say 20-21z?

More like after 00z. But that was better than 00z, so you have that. Also, that is assuming the QPF field is right. H7-H5 fronto tends to be a bit north of what the QPF says, so keep that in mind.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well more like wind and CF. For once, the snow is sort of second place to me. However, they smoke the ORH hills, which makes sense to me instead of that bizarre euro map.

The Euro looks like it torches 925 for ORH until there isn't much qpf left for there. Not saying I believe it, but I think that is what it is doing.

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

The Euro looks like it torches 925 for ORH until there isn't much qpf left for there. Not saying I believe it, but I think that is what it is doing.

Yeah at one point it's cooler at 925 on the Cape compared to ORH due to that. But that is only if the model is correct with the forcing. If intensity and placement is off, so will the thermals. Plus, it's talking 0.5C vs -1C. That is not much and small nuances will easily change that.

This is my snowfall map. I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life making a map :lol:

I am really leaning towards the dynamic cooling side of things happening and happening quickly. The degree of upward vertical motion is through the roofs; as seen from bufkit profiles so flipping to snow we would see rates 3-5'' per hour and maybe some thunder. such a tough forecast

5a9848dc04acf_updatesnowmap.jpg.ec94aa294a86775a3fe68c9111f25bec.jpg

2 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Instead of the Beast from the East, we can call this the Least in the East*

*except for big wind.  big wind will be big.

I think we can toss the 97, 92 idea east....just a matter of whether we can steal several inches near the end.

Very disappointing event imho as far as snow goes east. 

My take on the Euro (...seeing as everyone clearly wants to know...) is that it's heavy rain ...then, light wet snow.. .then... mist .. everywhere...  OH, and giant gray-green terrifying abyssal walls of N. Atlantic death sending off seismic waves as they rumble up and over causeways and shore roads...  

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

6-8" but who's counting?  On top of 2-3" of rain and 40-50 mph winds.  Sign me up.

I was only speaking to the snowfall aspect.

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

6-8" but who's counting?  On top of 2-3" of rain and 40-50 mph winds.  Sign me up.

6-8" is south of you, but who's caring. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm pretty sure fall river isn't going to quintuple the ORH snow total.

Yeah, things don't look nearly as bad as they sounded on the phone.

Still pretty up in the air on snowfall totals. And even the evolution of this storm.

People heavily weigh euro though, and that wasn't great.

24 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well more like wind and CF. For once, the snow is sort of second place to me. However, they smoke the ORH hills, which makes sense to me instead of that bizarre euro map.

What do they show? I work for AMR New Haven and of course I work friday night and saturday day. GF works for new haven fire. 

Archived