joxey
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

It's east.

About the same with regard to SLP. I'm not buying that panel from hr 48 to 54. Everything else was west. The difference was H5 opened back up at that time frame versus 6z. Comparing apples to apples, this run would have been well east with H5 opening up like that if we didnt have the other improvements...

GFS will struggle to resolve that aspect right up into go time. I expect the euro to have a better handle on this, and be west with the other key features...

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

About the same. I'm not buying that panel from hr 48 to 54. Everything was west. The difference was H5 opened back up at that time frame versus 6z. Comparing apples to apples, this run would have been well east with H5 opening up like that if we didnt have the other improvements...

I agree it's much better aloft vs. 6z

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Will or Mets.. what would wind speeds be with this away from coast if it verifies in the 940’s at our latitude?

It depends on how close the low tracks...if it gets inside the BM, we could have gusts well over 50mph. But if it stays a little bit east, then the higher winds will be confined to the immediate coast.

Archived