Newest Member
    joxey
I'm Dreaming of a White Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

We had 6 inch per hour rates in feb 2013!  I’ve never seen it snow so hard ever in my life.  Ryan even came on the air and said that this is most likely the heaviest snow you’ll ever see in your life... at 6/hr.   It was jaw dropping for sure. 

you had them and we had a big event up here but we had nowhere near those rates, again your area has crushed it the past ten years compared to here...frankly just about all of ct south of Hartford is more or less in the eastern new england  jackpot category minus a precious few events

feb 13 was a 20-22 inch event where I am while all of south central ct was 28-40

21 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Woah this day just got way better for this weenie, true Windex LES squall just ran into an intense lake effect type squall on 395N Ct between exits 39 and 41, quickly visibility under 100 yards with road conditions going from bare pavement to fully covered and treacherous,  quickly opposite exit 41

Nice. That squall may clip my area in the next 10 min or so

I ended up with 2.5, after watching a few runs of the HRRR I knew I was sort of in a dry slot and just caught the tail end of the heavy band that swung through. But looks nice and wintry blowing around and was an easy cleanup so all's good. Hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas and looking forward to a wintry week or two ahead.

1 hour ago, codfishsnowman said:

you had them and we had a big event up here but we had nowhere near those rates, again your area has crushed it the past ten years compared to here...frankly just about all of ct south of Hartford is more or less in the eastern new england  jackpot category minus a precious few events

feb 13 was a 20-22 inch event where I am while all of south central ct was 28-40

Lol no, eastern CT has gotten some of the ENE goods, but lumping all of CT south of Hartford into one category is silly. It's like saying everywhere in the CRV south of Northampton is the same snow hole everywhere you go...oh wait, that's actually true.

Archived