Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

53 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea for sure.  Dude I pulled a 30 to 1 last night, .05 for 1.5. Cool 

Nice!  Yeah that's sweet.  I will say we'll have to watch the temps with this storm though as it may be too cold for good ratios deeper interior.  May be something where the best ratios are inside the main precip field with Arctic sand type snow back in the lower moisture spots with less lift.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

The giveaway that the CMC is going to change is that is currently has GON with the jack.  :)

Hey now...  miracles can happen.  Although having never been the jack ever...I wouldn't bet on it.  Even the blizzard of '78, as awesome as it was for me in Waterford, CT, we didn't jack.

Weird looking storm. Seems like the southern stream low will remain separate and offshore but there's a sh*t ton of UL forcing over us as the northern stream digs and eventually closes off. 

The ECMWF overnight looked a lot like the 12z GGEM with that band of heavy precip well removed from the offshore low. 

3 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Weird looking storm. Seems like the southern stream low will remain separate and offshore but there's a sh*t ton of UL forcing over us as the northern stream digs and eventually closes off. 

The ECMWF overnight looked a lot like the 12z GGEM with that band of heavy precip well removed from the offshore low. 

Yea noted the same thing. Didn’t we see something similar to that with last year’s bomb that dumped 30”+ in western NYS while the southern stream low passed over SE MA? I think it was around 970 mb...

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I would say the GFS has most of the cards on the table by 12z tomorrow, but it does shoot a kicker shortwave onshore in the Yukon 12z Tuesday.

I think that's our window. If we don't have something then, punt.

But I would think we have a clearer picture in 24 hours.

yeah.. was just gonna mention that the intermediate stream mechanics for that whole ordeal is just is only getting ejected out of that elongated SPV over the N pac; this run in some respects is just as dicey as any up to this point. 

Archived