joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point a "torch" would be temps in the mid 30's. Anyhow. Now is what we have. When the thaw comes that's what we'll deal with then. And then comes spring and summer....etc.

I suppose, though, anticipating the let down is just one way of dealing with a post high crash.

Anyhow, four weeks of spring in midwinter. I'm not thrilled about it but millions of others will be. That's the joy of weather. Someone, somewhere is always enjoying the day. Right now, its us winter lovers. In another week it will be the "torch" lovers.

But is has been one heck of a stretch of cold. Snow on the ground solid since Christmas (and I expect for the next week anyhow). We have done MUCH worse than that (think 011-12).

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'd be absolutely stunned if this insane EPO blocking did not reoccur later this season...but until then, we PAC jet.

Doesn't have to mean another blockbuster, but if it does, I favor March 1-15.

Lock my Birthday week in Ray, sigs are there already Feb 5 through 11

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

It's just ridging in the east through week 4 at least thanks to troughing from AK into PAC NW. Might ease by wee 4. Not to say we can't have a winter storm or two, but enjoy the snow now.

I don't understand the emphasis placed on week 4 in the weeklies when we seem to trash the 10 day ops as fantasyland.

3 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

I don't understand the emphasis placed on week 4 in the weeklies when we seem to trash the 10 day ops as fantasyland.

I'm with you.  I don't trust 10 day outlooks at all.  Hell, I barely trust 7 Day outlooks but 5 Days, Maybe.

16 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

I celebrate my 40th on Jan 18th. Guaranteed to have a screaming south easter

You would have been a few days old when we had the Jan. '78 blizzard. It was a record snowfall for Boston until the grand daddy a few weeks later. Too bad your too young to remember. So many memories. Hope your b-day brings a blizzard. But enjoy no matter what the weather is.

normally i would be up for cold/snow all winter. but after the cold temps the past week or so, i think i am ready for a little thaw. it would help get things cleaned up in the driveway and parking lot. don't need any extreme thaws, just a couple days in the upper 30's would be nice.

Archived