• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

epic warmth on the Euro this run...well, last several ... continues. 

Looks like 25, 33, 29, 40, 58, 62, ?(front?)... 

That low in the OV ... that's real close to being a whole different reality if that arm of high pressure up there trends stronger (next weekend)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

epic warmth on the Euro this run...well, last several ... continues. 

Looks like 25, 33, 29, 40, 58, 62, ?(front?)... 

That low in the OV ... that's real close to being a whole different reality if that arm of high pressure up there trends stronger (next weekend)

Just like Xmas and same lead time. What looked like 60 for 2 days turned into 2 winter events. Should be no different this time .

Decent signal for a 3-6" snowfall prior to the thaw.  I know DIT has been on it but not much other chatter.  

EURO/NAM/GGEM arguing for 0.25-0.5" QPF... GFS a little less with .2-.4".  

These SW flow systems can be decent if you can get a standing wave going over the Adirondacks, downslope into the valley they upslope again into this area of the Greens.  

IMG_8059.thumb.PNG.4dfa5dbd1b4f209fe7b1d6f7daf52da0.PNG

IMG_8060.PNG.174952a6a0b90bad20c295340f5ab292.PNG

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Decent signal for a 3-6" snowfall prior to the thaw.  I know DIT has been on it but not much other chatter.  

EURO/NAM/GGEM arguing for 0.25-0.5" QPF... GFS a little less with .2-.4".  

These SW flow systems can be decent if you can get a standing wave going over the Adirondacks, downslope into the valley they upslope again into this area of the Greens.  

IMG_8059.thumb.PNG.4dfa5dbd1b4f209fe7b1d6f7daf52da0.PNG

IMG_8060.PNG.174952a6a0b90bad20c295340f5ab292.PNG

Ya prolly 6-8" above 2500'

Just now, weathafella said:

Kevin, if it happened then it doesn’t mean it happens now.  Eg:  the background pattern should be milder this coming late week.

Of course, but the EPO is still negative and this isn’t a stemwinder into DET. There’s a sneaky HP up there , and it’s been trending stronger. I’m not saying it doesn’t get milder. Maybe a day near 40 or sonething late week, but not 50’s/60’s. Then there’s a snow event next weekend on both EPS and GEFS

29 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Looks like 3-6" for Jay Peak, that's why no one cares.

3-6" for 3-6 people.

lol you'd almost think I've been around here long enough to know that... 

Thats probably 8-12" for Jay Peak and 3-6" for the rest of us ;).  This set up can sometimes be better around Waterbury and Stowe if we can get slight SE SFC winds into the terrain here with SW flow aloft.  

However if the flow aloft is too strong it can also push the snow a bit too far downwind of the barrier and east of the RT 100 ski country corridor.  

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Of course, but the EPO is still negative and this isn’t a stemwinder into DET. There’s a sneaky HP up there , and it’s been trending stronger. I’m not saying it doesn’t get milder. Maybe a day near 40 or sonething late week, but not 50’s/60’s. Then there’s a snow event next weekend on both EPS and GEFS

GEFS didn't sniff out any 50's/60's throughout the run.  The closest the 50's got was to DC late next week, and after that only to S VA late in the run.

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Methinks you need to be realistic .

33 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

560 thicknesses and SW winds. Enjoy.

Why such a disparity between the op and the ensemble?  At 162 hrs the GFS op has 850's at 11C around Boston, yet the GEFS mean has the 850's at 0C.  Is this a case where we put more weight on the op at 7 days out for thermals?

It's going to warm up this week folks. It's a matter of how much. 

... I'd go with the lower of the available numbers for now, and give it another day before going big.  Climatology mandates that in the least, but ...there's still some chance, seemingly lowering, that the more amped solution are too far N with the position of the front wed-fri.   D4 is more inside the Euro's wheelhouse than outside of it, and that particular synopsis seems to want to evolve just the way D5 and 6 are...so, heh.Hard to go against.  It's complex ... if the mixing ends up weaker, that warm up may glide over top and we only get partial realization down at the surface.  If it does, ... by by fluffy snow pack.  This low water content pack-a cobwebs will disperse with certain rapidity.

EPS suggests the GGEM and GFS may be onto something over next weekend ... 

Archived