Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

7 hours ago, Thunderblizzard said:

FWIW... NAVGEM

nvg10.prp.120.conus.gif

Boy, I wonder what the "Classified" version looks like.....

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

gfs-ememb_lowlocs_eus_19.png

Boy--what a waste of an ensemble spread that is.  Pick a card, any card.

If I were to be at Pit2, I'd be much more interested in this.  I hope eastern folks can cash in.  12z runs will be interesting for sure.

1.3*

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

that is really the track most of the forum needs...maybe 50-75 mi east is ok too.....I really think this one is slipping away though

Nothing screams nw trend has begun, yet. Only way it does is the grab and yank left scenario but relying on that is like a 1 in 25 shot maybe. So yea, the big solutions for west zones are thinning out but we still have good chance at warning snows. 

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This will throw good snows way west into NY state. Nice set up for that. Only thing left to figure out is if big big snows stay offshore or come onshore 

Interesting that the set up is nice for good snows back into NY state.  I'm hoping you can steer it that way with a hope and a prayer.

Okay.  Step back.  So we had a big signal 2-3 days ago.  It disappeared for a cycle or two then came back strong.  Now shifted east a bit.  Not uncommon in western Atlantic storms.  Today 12z might look like 0z but I think the overnight runs tonight will tell the direction this could head because isn't the day sampling better tonight?  And then there's Chris 's sensitivity thing.  Let's see the conversation we are havin early tomorrow afternoon.  I think all of new England has a good shot for advisory and half of is for warning.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Same as always.. you’ll whine and complain that SNE gets all the snow and then act surprised when Stowe wrings out 8” of fluff. Enjoy 

Maybe, I guess you're just doing the opposite and assuming it will happen regardless of any model output.  

I think it's just you keep mentioning the set up without any further info so we are curious what that set up is... or is it nothing meteorological and more a spidey-sense.  

Just now, powderfreak said:

Maybe, I guess you're just doing the opposite and assuming it will happen regardless of any model output.  

I think it's just you keep mentioning the set up without any further info so we are curious what that set up is... or is it nothing meteorological and more a spidey-sense.  

Visions.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

To his defense if you look at the Euro Kuchie maps it's so cold out that it has BTV with 20" and the highest total in New England from this storm...off like 0.3-0.4" QPF.

As you know i don’t use or focus on qpf until day of event. You’re throwing a ton of easterly inflow generated by a massive ocean storm over a Siberian airmass . It’s going to snow way way way west from that . Regardless of what x qpf map shows 

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

To his defense if you look at the Euro Kuchie maps it's so cold out that it has BTV with 20" and the highest total in New England from this storm...off like 0.3-0.4" QPF.

Maybe, not familiar with your micro climate up there but here .5qpf would be like 5” even if kuchie says 10”. screaming n winds slidding down the berks and litchfield hills will always eat into my ratios. 

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

As you know i don’t use or focus on qpf until day of event. You’re throwing a ton of easterly inflow generated by a massive ocean storm over a Siberian airmass . It’s going to snow way way way west from that . Regardless of what x qpf map shows 

I hope your right if the track stays where it is that there's a lot more significant moisture transport deep inland.  Need to get that easterly flow going a bit better.  Wonder what the U-wind anomalies are as that might be the first place to see how much easterly inflow there would be.

8 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Big time concern with that look. 

While it looks that way based off pressure centers. mid levels on gefs mean are actually west of the op and it has a more ‘tuck’ component. The mean has a much better commahead, it doesnt stay compacted as the surface plots suggest....and races ene. This is probably due to the rogue tucked in members but sometimes you need a few of them to provide possibilities. 

Ask PF about rogue sref members in March....

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I hope your right if the track stays where it is that there's a lot more significant moisture transport deep inland.  Need to get that easterly flow going a bit better.  Wonder what the U-wind anomalies are as that might be the first place to see how much easterly inflow there would be.

Imagine if there were a way to look up U wind, that would be cool

850WIND-19.gif

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Haha thanks Ginxy.  Actually that -2 to -3 SD anomaly area looks about where one would expect the best chance for decent moisture inflow.  Good stuff.

Lol yea CT River East but ratios West . That even smaller SD inflow can be prodigious in Arctic airmasses as you well know. One reason I discount GFS QPF

9 hours ago, dendrite said:

Chris said the ensemble sensitivity showed little to no effects from the western ridge. The only ridging that really mattered was downstream.

9 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Gotcha...I missed that.

Yeah, the commonality our deeper and further west solutions have is they are consistently deeper southern stream and higher ridging in the Atlantic than the ensemble mean.

I guess it is a little odd, since this is mainly a winter product, that they don't have anything under 546 dm to look at for 500 contours. Makes it impossible to see the northern stream in an air mass like this. 

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Haha thanks Ginxy.  Actually that -2 to -3 SD anomaly area looks about where one would expect the best chance for decent moisture inflow.  Good stuff.

Hes drinking his spiked coffee with like 8 monitors, pulling up maps like its nothing. Just weenie grinding away. hes like a pro online poker player playing 12 tables. 

Archived