Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

Just now, dryslot said:

Yeah, Certainly not the direction we want to see this trend towards, A flatter solution not going to get it done, To bad too because it looks like the southern stream s/w is a bit slower so if we got some help from the northern stream vort this would be closer to the coast.

That is what messed me up...I focused too much on the s SW, when the n stream drives the bus.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One comforting thought, when was the last time the GFS nailed a big one at 5 days?

It usually chokes. If Euro comes in pretty good tonight, I'll feel pretty decent about the threat...doesn't need to be a huge hit, but something close to today's 12z would be fine for now.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

One comforting thought, when was the last time the GFS nailed a big one at 5 days?

It usually chokes. If Euro comes in pretty good tonight, I'll feel pretty decent about the threat...doesn't need to be a huge hit, but something close to today's 12z would be fine for now.

Save a horse

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It hasn't, And when was the last time it was the western outlier? Not that either.

2 minutes ago, Hazey said:

The CMC is out to lunch. Two low centers...lol. One in GOM and one south of Cape Breton....tossed.

Pretty much we have had two low centers on every model run so far, I don't know if you can toss them all, But i think moving forward the focus will become on one, Either offshore or closer to the coast.

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Pretty much we have had two low centers on every model run so far, I don't know if you can toss them all, But i think moving forward the focus will become on one, Either offshore or closer to the coast.

YES.

Double-barrel lows are skin to inverted troughs...usually the model trying to communicate difficulty resolving something more than a viable solution.

Archived