Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I believe that to be an artifact of modeling. They are having trouble with the interaction of the streams, and it will likely consolidate into one low closer in.

JMHO.

I agree but I’m not sure the closer in one is the choIce.   Hopefully yes.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

YES.

Double-barrel lows are skin to inverted troughs...usually the model trying to communicate difficulty resolving something more than a viable solution.

Yeah, The models can't resolve where it wants to place the lowest pressure, But that could be a convective issue in this case which i hate because that usually ends up unfavorable.

Northern stream was weaker on ukie too. So all the guidance is seeing that tonight. It doesn't mean it will stay that way...but that is a piece to watch tomorrow and especially Monday. Gotta get up early so not waiting around for euro, but it will likely show a similar trend in the N stream. Hopefully it's more muted though. 

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Obviously all the models are keying in on a similar feature to produce solutions that are all east to varying degrees, that’s a bad sign IMO.

That Northern Stream might end this threat before it really gets going.

I call BS on this trend.

N stream will come in stronger, as has been the case all season....maybe not a huge storm, but we will get moderate...at least.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I call BS on this trend.

N stream will come in stronger, as has been the case all season....maybe not a high storm, but we will get moderate...at least.

Certainly possible... we need to hope that trend continues.

On the flip side... id rather it go to crap now as opposed to Tuesday night after folks have spent 3 days tracking and analyzing.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I call BS on this trend.

N stream will come in stronger, as has been the case all season....maybe not a huge storm, but we will get moderate...at least.

Pretty hard to bite on 200mi + east/west swings on the models from one run to the next and say that's going to be the outcome.

Archived