Newest Member
    joxey
February 9th Coastal Storm Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ORH_wxman said:

500 kind of opens up at the end...it starts stronger for sure, but then it doesn't really continue on that path as it reaches our latitude.

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Looks to get a kick ENE , Would rather see that track into the GOM instead of east of Novie

Yup--I don't like that look.  Hurts GC and the Maine folks like that.

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Over by dinnertime

You must be going for the early bird special, Dave.  This is out by mid-afternoon.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Kind of a mess of s/w's in the trough. If that lead s/w was stronger..that would be nasty.

If you compare it to the ECMWF, it's def different....the Euro takes that main vortmax at the base of the trough and slingshots it around and curls the H5 heights toward SNE....that's an incredibly explosive look...NAM vort actually dampens a bit once it approaches our latitude and it focusing everything on a front-running piece of vort energy rather than a larger consolidated piece like the Euro had.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

If you compare it to the ECMWF, it's def different....the Euro takes that main vortmax at the base of the trough and slingshots it around and curls the H5 heights toward SNE....that's an incredibly explosive look...NAM vort actually dampens a bit once it approaches our latitude and it focusing everything on a front-running piece of vort energy rather than a larger consolidated piece like the Euro had.

Yeah it just kind of weakens. Tossed for now.

Just now, moneypitmike said:

Yup--I don't like that look.  Hurts GC and the Maine folks like that.

You must be going for the early bird special, Dave.  This is out by mid-afternoon.

I see a lot of that with these, That the get kicked to the ENE, Need to see higher heights off the east coast with a little more ridging but i believe today's system is in play as well

Archived