Newest Member
    joxey
February 9th Coastal Storm Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Any snow is good snow... but after the last few model suites of people finished with 4-5" it would def be disappointing..whether people will admit it or not 

It's usually not a good idea to fall in love with those exotic numbers anyways this far out. I'll be happy with 6. The earlier January storm was a good one and satisfied me.

I have zero expectations for this system currently... I said I'd wait until 12z tomorrow before really getting invested in any kind of outcome.

There is still a lot to sort out.... and a tick back in the less impressive direction is definitely still on the table... pretty critical 12-24 hours coming up on the models.

locking in anything right now is setting yourself up for major disappointment

By no means even remotely an expert here but seems to me this storm has had the best model agreement for the most part. I'm sure there is going to be some wavering but seems safe to say that almost everyone gets a decent 4-8 or 6-12 event with maybe a couple higher spots. Just need to stay the course!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I have zero expectations for this system currently... I said I'd wait until 12z tomorrow before really getting invested in any kind of outcome.

There is still a lot to sort out.... and a tick back in the less impressive direction is definitely still on the table... pretty critical 12-24 hours coming up on the models.

locking in anything right now is setting yourself up for major disappointment

I see you haven't seen that therapist just yet...

It's gonna be fun!  snow on snow for many!  and another couple of storms in the pipe!

good things could happen.  and we are alive!

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

See that's a better inflow look for sure. I assume the initial s/w looks better.

It basically has a 12/9/05 CCB stinger finish over E MA/RI the final 3 hours. It destroys Tolland to ORH for a few hours right before it does that.

Archived