Newest Member
    joxey
February 9th Coastal Storm Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, NeonPeon said:

I know it comes off as hysterical fretting to people who don't live down in these specific regions, but the snow hole/relative snow hole look starts to get modeled as we close in, and this is starting to be the case now.  These beastly bands being advertised will tend to choke us off, if they set up as currently modeled, which is typical.  Still will be happy, because even within RI, I expect to do worse than most, and pretty much everyone in New England gets snow with this one, which is what we want.  I'll be psyched with some wind and a decent snowfall, but I tend to guess on the low end IMBY.  

then the gFS rolls in, relax

36 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Right, but i could see us outside of the major banding down this far (TBlizz will be in a better spot). Instead of 2-3" rates, we'll be flipping back and forth between 1/2" to 1"/hr rates. 

welcome to my world in just about all the big events during the past decade plus with scary few exceptions

Just now, CoastalWx said:

LoL at the banding comments. It could waver some and it's way too early to talk about jacks. Probably an narrow down some details after 00z.

Full blown jackpot fetish mode in here already....I think it's going to be a pretty good storm in a large swath...it's going to be moving along so nobody is going to get stuck in a dryslot for hours...I think everyone will get some good bands. Yeah, there will be a lucky sweetspot, but I don't see 8-10" differences over a few miles like sometimes happens in other storms.

Archived