Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Model Mayhem II!

SR Airglow

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh hell don't do that! 

don't compare me to that person.  Lord.   He sensationalizes stuff and then relies on the stellar capacity of J.Q. Public to think critically of his abuses of pulpit - instead, they only remember the 1 big call he got in 10 like he's some f hero and keep subscribing to his exaggerations. 

egh

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

interesting...  

'course, i have no idea how that compares to January climo for that region of the Hemisphere ... it certainly 'sounds' off -

Looks like climo is about +7 to +8 there this time of the year.

Ha BTV twisting the knife for some:

Thursday: previous run of the Euro had another batch of moisture coming through during the day, though the 12z run backed off on that. 12z GFS is dry for the day. That said, given the model's tendency to keep delaying the next system a little, it's possible that some residual precipitation might be happening on Thursday. So between that, and prior Euro runs, have kept in small chances of precipitation. No solution shows any real cold air, so if we have stuff falling out of the sky, it will probably be rain or a rain-snow mix. Sorry snow lovers, not looking good for y'all. &&

9 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

There will be plenty of melts in the coming 10 days because usually once we are in a mild pattern for more than a week with no immediate flip, things unravel around here. 

We're probably not gonna flip until February. Possibly the very end of this month but don't be surprised at the guidance rushing it. 

Hopefully we can sneak a marginal event in beforehand to stave off too much depression. 

At least another 10 days after this weekend of AN temps then we transition

6 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Maybe we should have Wow just add PEI, NB, & NS to the New England subforum name.   They got no where to go to discuss.

That's probably a good idea Bob

11 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

OK...now that was funny!!

Indeed it is rather amusing!

All emoties aside, it is all slush here in the snowbelt. Old timers in my hood confirm it has only been this much of a torch in the past 10-15 yrs. At least it is not last winter. And I am hoping for better prognostication in the coming weeks. Not ready for spring yet. Keep talking, gentlemen, and please let that talk involve frozen precip.

thanks!

34 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Is that the site where all the canucks meet?

try putting it in your browser.

Though it would be cool to get more folks from Canukistan reporting in. The Gaspe Peninsula, especially, is somewhat of a blackbox of weather- the Chic Chocs are a huge area, get tons of snow and are relatively inaccessible. Snowfall averages thrown around range anywhere between 250-400"/year.  That high end seems quit possible with 4k ft elevations and proximity to the ocean with latitude to boot. The snow gets deeeep up there- last March, Vermont had ~30" snowpack up high at the Mansfield stake. We measured a snowpack of 1.8m/72" via avi probe well well below treeline at ~2500' elevation- and this was more of a nice protected summit of a sub-mountain/hill than one of the major peaks- this was more in the shadow of the major massifs and a nice week in an overall decent snowyear (not tops, apparently).   Felt like a combination of Colorado/Wyoming, Vermont and Hokaido (not that I've been there, but the way the ecology looks in places and proximity to the ocean- similar).  

Up high, we didn't bother trying. Above treeline, so exposed to wind- who knows how deep. Like Mt. Washington in a lot of ways- only way more expansive! Cool place, highly recommended. Done with the rant!

1 hour ago, ThatGirlWhoSkis said:

Indeed it is rather amusing!

All emoties aside, it is all slush here in the snowbelt. Old timers in my hood confirm it has only been this much of a torch in the past 10-15 yrs. At least it is not last winter. And I am hoping for better prognostication in the coming weeks. Not ready for spring yet. Keep talking, gentlemen, and please let that talk involve frozen precip.

thanks!

Hey ski-girl, hopefully we all can get some decent winter weather into all of our neighborhoods 10 days from now...there will be plenty of talk if the signals continue to look promising going forward...that you can bet on.

26 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Hey ski-girl, hopefully we all can get some decent winter weather into all of our neighborhoods 10 days from now...there will be plenty of talk if the signals continue to look promising going forward...that you can bet on.

right on.

Archived