Newest Member
    joxey
Thumper the Dumper obs/pics 12/16 to 12/18/16

Ginx snewx

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Probably. I've noticed Mt. Mansfield has dropped 9 degrees in the past hour after it warmed up to 39 this AM. Front can't be too far from you.

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Ticked up to 38F, can I hit 40?

Snow pack down to 10" now.

:o

I'm wondering if it just passed through.  Sun poked out, temp spiked to 42.0*.  Hopefully that'll be the extent of it.  Stayed cool enough that snow has clung to the branches in spite of the rain.  I just took several measurements between 10-12".  I'll call it a solid net gainer of a weekend.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

32.2F still. CON has jumped to 45F.

Brian.  It's amazingly variable.  I am up to 38F.  Ice has melted off the trees.  Yet I drive 1500 feet down my steep hill and the trees are iced covered and not even dripping.  Really fun to see the variability right now. 

8 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Brian.  It's amazingly variable.  I am up to 38F.  Ice has melted off the trees.  Yet I drive 1500 feet down my steep hill and the trees are iced covered and not even dripping.  Really fun to see the variability right now. 

That's a win. Enough to melt the ice but not snow. 

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That's a win. Enough to melt the ice but not snow. 

37.4F  temp holding about steady.  Snow steaming pretty good.  Pack was up to 10"  after yesterday's 5.5".  Looking at the snow stake on the lower right I'm down to maybe 7".  Pack is not going anywhere in the next 2 hours before fropa.  It will become glaciated and very durable.  Deer will not appreciate it as the thick crust will not be enough to support their weight but can cut their hoofs.  Anyhow net gain as my CAD always comes through!

20161218_123945.jpg

This is one of the most impressive CAA situations I've seen in a while.

Gusting 40-50mph even in the base area right now.

Snow and blowing snow.

The summit has dropped from 45F to 21F and the base area went from 45F to 27F.  Talk about a flash freeze, holy crap at that temp drop.  Just plummeting by the minute.

The-snow-has-begun-to-fall-once-again-as

It appears the front is passing at my cabin (although I'm in Lowell now) as the temp apparently is on the way down. 

33F at the bottom of the hill: http://www.weatherlink.com/user/shiftless/index.php?view=summary&headers=1

42 at the top: http://www.weatherlink.com/user/weetamoo/index.php?view=summary&headers=1

Edit: looks like it's changed over to snow at WV: http://www.waterville.com/cams

22 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled winter.

Now, off to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra show in Hartford.  Time to get festive.

20161218_125130_resized.jpg

Down to about an inch or two snow cover, front close so may save some. We saw TSO in Worcester couple weeks ago, good show.

12 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

About 2-3" left in the back yard. Grass started protruding along the fence and house lines.  Just an absolutely ugly past few hours here but I will maintain a small pack 

I've got about 2-4" without any grass showing. It looks like the CF is through, Pitsfield is down to 33F, so the cold air is closeby.

Archived