Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem!

SR Airglow

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Close.

I didn't think the EURO looked that bad...its like 6-12 hours above freezing with a max temp in the mid-30s up here.  That's pretty much what I expect to happen...luckily there's very little moisture in that warm sector on the models as far as QPF.  Maybe a tenth of an inch after 2-4" snow/sleet.

Good news was the EURO wanted to keep us as pretty much a snow event for the Day 7-8 wave.  That's the one I think that's the real Grinch system.  Would be sweet to avoid a full torching rainer there.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I didn't think the EURO looked that bad...its like 6-12 hours above freezing with a max temp in the mid-30s up here.  That's pretty much what I expect to happen...luckily there's very little moisture in that warm sector on the models as far as QPF.  Maybe a tenth of an inch after 2-4" snow/sleet.

Good news was the EURO wanted to keep us as pretty much a snow event for the Day 7-8 wave.  That's the one I think that's the real Grinch system.  Would be sweet to avoid a full torching rainer there.

Well, everything looks better for you in the northland.  :)

6 minutes ago, Hazey said:

Think we best hope for the least damage on this weekend system. Think the flat solutions are running out of time. The 21-23 period has enough ensemble spread to keep me interested. Still iffy on the white Christmas. All about the timing in this roller coaster pattern.

Xmas is ruined no matter what model you choose unless you think the GGEM has a clue . 

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Xmas is ruined no matter what model you choose unless you think the GGEM has a clue . 

Unless, of course, your focus is slightly different. If it is primarily the celebration of the birth of Christ and family gatherings are important to you, weather definitely takes a (very distant) backseat. But here's hoping for a nice surprise in the forecast!

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

Do you think Brian's chickens will like the taste of ozone?

Looks more like something out of interior Antarctica

They will probably enjoy the ozone more than the arctic wind chills. After today they're staying in the coop for a few days. Wish I could've swapped last December and this December. ;)

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

So Kevin, xmas is ruined?   Since it's wh The less than half the time, I guess you have bad associations with the holiday?    

I always enjoy a white xmas.  Nothing like emerging from the movies on the way to the Chinese restaurant in snow....

To me Xmas should have snow . It's ruined if it's warm as green. Just my opinion 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

To me Xmas should have snow . It's ruined if it's warm as green. Just my opinion 

I think many agree.  When I lived in LA, people were much happier if it was cold and rainy vs one year when we were on our way to a friends dinner and I had to go back into the house to change into a short sleeved shirt as it was 87 degrees.

16 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I think many agree.  When I lived in LA, people were much happier if it was cold and rainy vs one year when we were on our way to a friends dinner and I had to go back into the house to change into a short sleeved shirt as it was 87 degrees.

Outside of this forum, I didn't hear one complaint about the weather last Dec 25. :lol:

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

My grandkids to a person complained very loudly, its a different mindset for some.

Yeah every single person I ask.. they did not like the weather last Xmas.  Keep asking me if this one will be colder and can they wear pants instead of shorts..Until last weekend I said yes.. now not so sure 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah every single person I ask.. they did not like the weather last Xmas.  Keep asking me if this one will be colder and can they wear pants instead of shorts..Until last weekend I said yes.. now not so sure 

one year we offered to take the kids to Disney at Christmas, first question asked was can we go in the spring instead, lol we went to Maine Christmas week and then Disney at spring break. Like I said its a different mindset

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

My grandkids to a person complained very loudly, its a different mindset for some.

It was definitely my strangest Christmas ever. First time I ever wore shorts and sat out on my parents' farmer's porch with coffee and basked in the sun. I'd take Xmas 02 over that, but give me sunny and 60F over grey and 40F.

Anyways, wouldn't surprise me if we break even this weekend or even have a slight net gain up here. Prolonged the model wedge a bit longer and knock a few degrees off of guidance and we're looking at a brief period in the mid 30s up here in CAD land. Maybe we'll spike to 40F or something with the cold (warm?) frontal passage.

Archived