joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem!

SR Airglow

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather take the 1-3/2-4 Friday and have a wintry weekend with the cold rather than press my luck on a coastal, although thats partially because I think the first wave has some sneaky potential to be a bigger event(3-6/4-8 kind of deal) in eastern areas. I'm never a fan of writing off legitimate chances for a shot at something out in time.

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Everyone wants to label Winter or even certain storms as "someone's."    I guess the last few years may have something to do with it but the snow season should be longest the further north you go with better snows early/late season...while further south gets into it more in the heart of the winter in a truly climo speaking sense.  

I mean it can be everyone's winter, say S.CT rips off two or three 8-12" events in January followed by more in February...while at the same time NNE is getting normal snow or even gets suppressed for a few weeks (which is normal in the heart of winter).  

Some winters just hit everyone like 95-96...or 68-69...or 77-78. 

25 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I think i would rather see the first one get out of the way and give the second one more room, But that's just me

If wishes were horses......

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yeah, I don't know, It could be one of those deals where you could miss both too

So, if I miss two in both Mass and in Maine, does that mean I miss 4?

30 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Take the first wave with 2-4/3-6 Friday. the second one ain't happening.

Never could understand why some folks won't just take a light-mod hit..gonna have to in winters with patterns like this 

Oh ya, you just said earlier that we will watch the models move it (the second system) north as we move forward...and the model did just that, it Moved it north quite a bit from 12z.  But now you say "it ain't happening!"   What an inconsistent individual you truly are!! You waver with each model run...flip flop-flip flop!! 

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's good to have two shots...but I'm in the camp of trying to trend the first one because it's more likely to hit given that it is closer in time and has decent ensemble support. 

That's kind of where I hedge too. Maybe I can "not gonna happen" it and see if the second one bombs us lol. 

Can we start a new Model Mayhem thread ... seeing as this one has well-eclipsed the 100 page impractical number, and in that new thread ...BAN any talk of Friday snow?

Seriously, that and...you're better off focusing on that Sunday into Monday time frame - I dunno. Focus on other hobbies if it's too long to wait but god...please, for the love of all that's good and decent shut up about the non-event on Friday

Interesting how the gefs really redevelop troughing towards Aleutians at the end. The euro ensembles have hinted at that, but not to that extent. From what I can tell, the tropical forcing is fairly weak now and more at the mercy of these CCkWs flying east. It's possible we see a lot of variability in the models. 

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Can we start a new Model Mayhem thread ... seeing as this one has well-eclipsed the 100 page impractical number, and in that new thread ...BAN any talk of Friday snow?

Seriously, that and...you're better off focusing on that Sunday into Monday time frame - I dunno. Focus on other hobbies if it's too long to wait but god...please, for the love of all that's good and decent shut up about the non-event on Friday

You couldn't be more wrong. The Fri wave is happening. Weekend very iffy.

32 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I think Tip just made it into a bigger event, lol.

Archived