Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem!

SR Airglow

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I've had 3 this season hit low end warning amounts.  BTV is a surprisingly tough snow lovers spot, but when I first moved there for UVM I was coming from the Hudson Valley...and it's definitely better than there ha.

A few more and you'll finally know what a Scooter winter feels like. 

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I've had 3 this season hit low end warning amounts.  BTV is a surprisingly tough snow lovers spot, but when I first moved there for UVM I was coming from the Hudson Valley...and it's definitely better than there ha.

I'm just busting his chops. At least for this season, that phrase is more appropriate for here. 

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

If you get it conceptually, you would have sensed that the statement was bathed in sarcasm. :lol:

jk John....happy new year.

ha! good point...

yeah ..that's one aspect missing from this sort of engagement - ...90% of communication that is -

You know what's funny?  i went to my sister's in Va Beach over the TG holiday.  down there, one of their radio stations has a program that airs like on Tuesdays ...an hour or so after lunch ...called, "Facebook Fights"

HI -larious man!  holy schit!  the pettiness of people on social media - it truly knows no bounds. these American backdrop rabble that get into it ...and, it is almost always, ALWAYS based upon a misinterpretation of something utterly mundane and sans germane  ...But, because their intent got completely lost in translation by the fact that Zuckerberg managed to con all of western culture into buying into a medium that fails the previous 1,000,000 years of language evolution, you're toe-nails curl in embarrassment for these idiots.  both sides leave you in gut wrenching laughter as the perpetuate nothing in the name of infinite importance.

the fact that body language and vocal inflection is vastly the most important aspect of communication and without it... any hope of actually conveying the right message is a very slippery slope, these diversions of present era technology are... well, wrong topic for this read...

heh.  you too - but ... in an unrelated sentiment: we'll see how close Trumpdom brings us to the brink of annihilation before saying "happy" before this new year. 

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah it may be the Banana Belt but I can't believe nearly 700 days between warning events is the norm.

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

it's frustrating. it's driving one to distraction ... like, i almost feel these limiting factors that are related to the hyper compression of the flow are in fact so limiting as to render ... all these posts flirting with the epitome of futility -

it just seems like nothing's going to happen and we can sum up all energy in even doing this weather social media thing as waste until this prick tease modeled fantasy stops - and it won't happen until the flow relaxes.

i'm not willing to be nearly so arrogant - like I said; just frustrating. i am however highly confident that a goodly percentage of storm potential (and the usefulness of our posts), perhaps the top half of it, keeps getting lopped off like stealthy maneuver by a Samurai warrior. yet, we don't learn not to engage in that fight - next model run... rinse repeat.  

oh i'm sure the 12z Euro do out here soon will go out of its way to bury this sentiment under "qualified hope" - 

I think a lot of the ridging seems to be a product of Nina...at least near Mexico into the Atlantic. The whole Nina circulation is alive and well. As you know, it's not linear to the SST anomalies. That is, the colder the water does not necessarily mean the atmosphere will act more Nina.  The storm does make sense. A nice PNA spike out west with this. My concern is progressive flow make kick this offshore. But, it's early.

2 minutes ago, eyewall said:

Yeah it may be the Banana Belt but I can't believe nearly 700 days between warning events is the norm.

Storms just aren't tracking in a manner to give BTV warning snows...too much potential for downsloping from any direction but you basically need a coastal low that has a wide circulation over BOS.  

Very tough to do it even in SWFE in BTV off the Adirondacks...clippers same.  It takes a very specific storm to do 7"+ there these days it seems.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The icing event is interesting. Seems like a classic look for elevated east slopes in NH and ME above 500-600'?  Perhaps not so much elevation needed in Maine closer to source region. Would think above 1k is in for some siggy icing?

Seems to be trending colder too. Nam had the freezing level 900-1000' even down into C NH. Over perform on CAD a little and its awful close. GFS soundings are close to a decent thump of snow from the eastern whites through Rangeley on NE

28 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

it's frustrating. it's driving one to distraction ... like, i almost feel these limiting factors that are related to the hyper compression of the flow are in fact so limiting as to render ... all these posts flirting with the epitome of futility -

it just seems like nothing's going to happen and we can sum up all energy in even doing this weather social media thing as waste until this prick tease modeled fantasy stops - and it won't happen until the flow relaxes.

i'm not willing to be nearly so arrogant - like I said; just frustrating. i am however highly confident that a goodly percentage of storm potential (and the usefulness of our posts), perhaps the top half of it, keeps getting lopped off like stealthy maneuver by a Samurai warrior. yet, we don't learn not to engage in that fight - next model run... rinse repeat.  

oh i'm sure the 12z Euro do out here soon will go out of its way to bury this sentiment under "qualified hope" - 

This guy never says anything that cant be said with a 1/3 as many words. No offense, just laughing. Sometimes difficult to parse exactly what you're saying TT, you're obviously a knowledgable met. 

8 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Seems to be trending colder too. Nam had the freezing level 900-1000' even down into C NH. Over perform on CAD a little and its awful close. GFS soundings are close to a decent thump of snow from the eastern whites through Rangeley on NE

I feel like the guy in Dumb and dumber.  Tell me there is a chance it's all snow for Killington tonight/tomorrow.  

10 minutes ago, Googlymoogly said:

This guy never says anything that cant be said with a 1/3 as many words. No offense, just laughing. Sometimes difficult to parse exactly what you're saying TT, you're obviously a knowledgable met. 

None taken ... that's the point, 'dark wit'

it's called commiseration - misery knows it's company. it's a literary tool for humor under the dark shadow of a situation that really could use some levity to brighten things up...

it's kinda sorta hard to do that with 1/3rd the as many words - i suppose it could be done but it loses some affectation that way.  no worries...

22 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The icing event is interesting. Seems like a classic look for elevated east slopes in NH and ME above 500-600'?  Perhaps not so much elevation needed in Maine closer to source region. Would think above 1k is in for some siggy icing?

How about CAD spots like Greenfield / Hippiedippy

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

None taken ... that's the point, 'dark wit'

it's called commiseration - misery knows it's company. it's a literary tool for humor under the dark shadow of a situation that really could use some levity to brighten things up...

it's kinda sorta hard to do that with 1/3rd the as many words - i suppose it could be done but it loses some affectation that way.  no worries...

noted. so you think this winter's duddiness is on the rise?

15 minutes ago, Skivt2 said:

I feel like the guy in Dumb and dumber.  Tell me there is a chance it's all snow for Killington tonight/tomorrow.  

Gonna be tough for much that far SW. Source of cold north is of ME, looking more like icing or rain back that way. Any appreciable snow is probably N ME, maybe back into far NNH (but its close there)

Archived