joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem!

SR Airglow

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canadian clips SNE with wave 1 on Saturday, 1"(NW) - 3"(SE). Then tries to pop an IVT into Maine on Sunday morning.

Also worth noting that the Canadian and GFS are now both advertising a near warning level snowfall for the Wildcat-SR-Sugarloaf corridor and north with the upcoming system.

1 minute ago, SR Airglow said:

Canadian clips SNE with wave 1 on Saturday, 1"(NW) - 3"(SE). Then tries to pop an IVT into Maine on Sunday morning.

Also worth noting that the Canadian and GFS are now both advertising a near warning level snowfall for the Wildcat-SR-Sugarloaf corridor and north with the upcoming system.

Yep GFS crushes Wildcat to Sugarloaf.  Not that many care as we know but bases will be sick 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yep GFS crushes Wildcat to Sugarloaf.  Not that many care as we know but bases will be sick 

Looking forward to getting into the trees this weekend. Base was 30"+ at Whiteface(and we were in the trees there) which almost completely whiffed on the last system so I'm sure it's steep and deep in the Whites. Awesome start up there.

As far as D6, the changes are evident fairly early on in the run(by D4 or so) and they're fairly substantial. If you compare 12z to 18z to 0z, you can see the setup moving towards the end result we just saw, so it's not entirely unsurprising, the question now becomes if we can hold it for another ~48 hours or so.

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Not to deflate the vibe.... but the GGEM looks a lot different 

Maybe that's a good thing....the GGEM is always blowing up everything.  The fact that it's not and the GFS is..and the GFS being a far superior model makes me feel better in that sense.

Heh, it could be gone by 6z in the morning too?? 

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Maybe that's a good thing....the GGEM is always blowing up everything.  The fact that it's not and the GFS is..and the GFS being a far superior model makes me feel better in that sense.

I would hardly call the GFS superior the past couple days. And believe it or not, I saw recently that the GGEM is outperforming both the Euro and the GFS this season in the 11-15 day period. Granted, different story than here, but still, we shouldn't be disregarding the Canadian either.

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It's 5-8 days out depending on the model... anything is on the table.

Im sure it'll look a lot different at 06z.... fun to look at now though 

Point is there are a lot of s/w's in the flow. The pattern for the period is more offshore. One of them will grab someone. Much better than the last few where we had to hope a primary in Montreal transferred to a coastal near cape cod. There is room to work here. I'd bet on the latter over the former anyday.

Archived