joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2016 General Discussion

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IthielZ said:

Today's high of 78°F so far at DTW is, I believe, the second warmest November day on record...yet it isn't even a record for the day, since we reached 81°F in 1950. That was the only 80 degree November day in Detroit history as far as I am aware.

Give me the November storm of 1950 as well if we are going to be near 1950 records :)

4 hours ago, Jonger said:

1/3rd of October was in the 40's and 50's here. I'm skeptical we are going up from this point.

You're going to be so miserable running between trains/subways in a couple months. Gonna be nonstop complaints until May.

You should look into moving here.

subdivision-in-clermont-fl.jpg

That's Alek's 'hood along the shore of Lake MI in a few years due to climate change.

By the way, 79 here today, tied the record.

One thing is for sure. ALEK will say, "best climo," or "worst climo."

5 hours ago, Jonger said:

1/3rd of October was in the 40's and 50's here. I'm skeptical we are going up from this point.

You're going to be so miserable running between trains/subways in a couple months. Gonna be nonstop complaints until May.

You should look into moving here.

11 hours ago, Stebo said:

Give me the November storm of 1950 as well if we are going to be near 1950 records :)

It's still early.

But yeah, I'd be surprised if we don't eventually get something big when this pattern breaks. It's been unusully calm despite the consistently warm temps.

And by all means, I'd prefer if it happens in December or January personally.

5 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

This tree is so very brilliant. Im enjoyong the colors hanging on. Warm day to begin November. 

4652-800.jpg

What's impressive is how so few trees are bare at this point (and the amount of green that's still out there)

Usually, yoy see a lot of those Pumpkin trash bags filled with leaves as we approach Halloween. Not this year.

13 hours ago, Hoosier said:

I prefer a front loaded winter for sure. Annoying when it starts late and drags on.

Plus, with the December / January snowstorms, the negative feedback from marginal temps and diurnal heating is very minimal compared to the snowstorms getting well into February and March.

On 10/30/2016 at 10:10 PM, Jonger said:

Hoping to get rid of the non stop ridge we have seen for several months now. The other side of the planet has stolen out cold for weeks now. October isn't a big deal, but good stuff can happen  here in 2 weeks or so with a trough.

Non-stop ridging is a can be a good thing / bad thing Winter lovers.

You get non-stop action in terms of snowstorms thanks to the amplified pattern, but at the same time, you have to also brace yourself for frequent bouts of warmth and snowpack melting as well. 

See 2007-2008 and (to a far lesser extent) 1998-1999 as an example. 

3 hours ago, RogueWaves said:

I'm on board that train if it rolls. Meanwhile, yesterday was stellar. I posted before that I love me some Indian Summer days in November :D

20161101 BAMwx on Nov 1950 flip to cold.PNG

Those Bamwx guys give me a headache at times. They were calling for pattern flips in late October, then early November, then mid November, and now late November. They will keep at it until something sticks. 

Archived