Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2016 Discussion/Obs

Rtd208

1 minute ago, tdp146 said:

Traveling through the the warning area on the south shore on the LIRR. I haven't seen any lighting. Wind is ok. The big story is that it's actually pouring rain down his way. Haven't see it this hard since July. 

Weird. So much lightning up here and only 0.03 of rain. Lighting is a rare treat out here, we get the rain, but the lightning much less than further west.

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had no idea it was even supposed to rain today. Was just about to leave work and saw dark skies. Checked radar and was shocked to see a big blog of orange and red right over our area. Looked out window and saw already was pouring rain and decent wind gusts here in Queens. Couple flashes of lighting but not too much. Wish I could've seen this storm rolling in, would've liked to have seen the gust front. 

Ewr's had some weird temp jumps and falls the past few hours

6pm
N
T-STORM

7pm
NNW
CLOUDY

8pm
N
CLOUDY

9pm
N
CLOUDY

10pm
NNW
CLOUDY

I guess that 68 was incorrect, it says 75 now

3 hours ago, Cfa said:

I'm surprised they still have southern Nassau/Queens under D1. The grass hasn't been green in months and some trees are nearly bald.

Yeah...SS parkway looks like the end of Oct haven't cut my back yard in a month and a half.

Going to the NY Giants game on Sunday 1pm at Met Life stadium i know rain is forcasted for this time frame can anyone tell me who has access to models if it a heavy rain wash out type or just a few light showers thanks in advance just want to know if I need the rain gear or if it's going to be a passing shower type deal

9 minutes ago, BlizzardNYC said:

Going to the NY Giants game on Sunday 1pm at Met Life stadium i know rain is forcasted for this time frame can anyone tell me who has access to models if it a heavy rain wash out type or just a few light showers thanks in advance just want to know if I need the rain gear or if it's going to be a passing shower type deal

today's 12z runs show some showers mainly late in the day, doesnt look like that big of a deal.  I haven't seen the Euro yet.

3 hours ago, Cfa said:

I'm surprised they still have southern Nassau/Queens under D1. The grass hasn't been green in months and some trees are nearly bald.

Another front comes through dry. Really not s good thing out here. Headed twords extreme drought 

ohh for sure we are headed to extreme if something doesn't change and fast. 

Looks to to me though we are in d2. Not d1 based on that map

10 minutes ago, snywx said:

Another chilly night on tap for the northern burbs.

Currently 55/41

A chilly night for the NJ suburbs as well. Down to 56.7F already here. Wondering if I'll make my first 40s; should at this rate. 51F is my lowest thus far. I think many often forget how efficiently much of inland C and SNJ cools at night. The low temps are usually not much warmer than NW NJ. Even the point and clicks almost always are too warm on radiational cooling nights.

Archived