Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
This site mostly does work now

WEATHER53

It's gone way past just being slow

it mostly stalls and does not load especially considering the multiply choices one has to make to even get to midatlantic section and thus the opportunities for it to hang up

who owns this now?

who maintains and runs this?

who decides and then implements upgrades which are actually poorly functioning downgrades?

Who appeals for money but decides to use techs who simply are not up to the job of running this site smoothly ?

plain truth is no internet site acts up like this and it is happening when a whopping total of 12 people are on so its not overload, it's under commitment 

I saw it mentioned that some bugs were being worked out with the upgrade, but I have experienced no issues with the site both on my Mac running Safari, or my iPhone. I have also loaded the site with no problems using chrome. 

5 hours ago, Tenman Johnson said:

It's gone way past just being slow

it mostly stalls and does not load especially considering the multiply choices one has to make to even get to midatlantic section and thus the opportunities for it to hang up

who owns this now?

who maintains and runs this?

who decides and then implements upgrades which are actually poorly functioning downgrades?

Who appeals for money but decides to use techs who simply are not up to the job of running this site smoothly ?

plain truth is no internet site acts up like this and it is happening when a whopping total of 12 people are on so its not overload, it's under commitment 

which version of the AOL browser are you using?

I want to be more diplomatic about it then tenman but I am also frustrated since the upgrade. The site worked great for me before. Fast and easy to use, especially on mobile. The new format seems too busy and slow. Everything seems sluggish including just typing compared to before. I am using my iPhone. Maybe it's a mobile thing I have not tried it from a computer it it worked great on my

phone befire and now it doesn't. 

The old version for the past few months was absolutely horrible for me. Often was not able to load pages at all - sometimes it would just take a while on initial load - it varied. This problems I am currently having are similar but more just slow load times. I am not experiencing slow typing, however. 

It mostly seems like the issues from before are lingering. 

4 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

297.png

Arent you just the cutest thing

focus is on fly **** in a cattle pasture rather than the cow turd bombs we are stepping thru

i phone and high speed internet  with Google are not the problem on my end so wipe the smarm off you face and quit bilking and trying to fool people 

On 8/3/2016 at 1:49 PM, Tenman Johnson said:

Arent you just the cutest thing

focus is on fly **** in a cattle pasture rather than the cow turd bombs we are stepping thru

i phone and high speed internet  with Google are not the problem on my end so wipe the smarm off you face and quit bilking and trying to fool people 

You do realize that there is a banner at the top of the screen that has info about the change, right?  And that there is a forum dedicated to Board help and updates.  Obviously the switch didn't go smoothly, but that happens.

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Tenman, I think the RTD on my weather station is malfunctioning. Been reading like 115 for a high everyday for a month now. Strangely it reads accurately at night though. Wanna help me troubleshoot it?

That happened to a weatherbug site not far from me last year. I sent an email in and got the ball rolling, they pulled it offline and replaced the malfunctioning equipment and it is now reading much closer (though still a hair high IMO).

This new upgrade does suck, but everyone here is a volunteer so i greatly appreciate their efforts. Just be thankful this is being done now and not in the winter. Just to reiterate this upgrade sucks balls in every way shape and form. I guess we are stuck with it though so lets make it work.

57 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

That happened to a weatherbug site not far from me last year. I sent an email in and got the ball rolling, they pulled it offline and replaced the malfunctioning equipment and it is now reading much closer (though still a hair high IMO).

lol I was just trolling Tenman for being such a curmudgeon.

Generally these stations have platinum RTDs which are very accurate and repeatable, and exhibit a nearly linear behavior. They dont tend to gradually "drift" off the resistance vs temp curve, outside of an occurrence of contamination or possibly corrosion, which is pretty rare as the sensors are sealed or potted. Usually the culprit, if it seems to read erroneously higher during the day, is sun exposure/failure to effectively aspirate the enclosure, or possibly a calibration issue with the measurement circuit that measures the resistance change.

10 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

You do realize that there is a banner at the top of the screen that has info about the change, right?  And that there is a forum dedicated to Board help and updates.  Obviously the switch didn't go smoothly, but that happens.

Forgive him.  When he isn't regular he gets very cranky

11 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Which one? I can take a look into it and calibrate the temperature if necessary.

14 hours ago, ravensrule said:

This new upgrade does suck, but everyone here is a volunteer so i greatly appreciate their efforts. Just be thankful this is being done now and not in the winter. Just to reiterate this upgrade sucks balls in every way shape and form. I guess we are stuck with it though so lets make it work.

That is the spirit-accept, embrace and endorse failure 

Archived