Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
This site mostly does work now

WEATHER53

11 minutes ago, Ellinwood said:

No one has patience anymore.

To be fair, we are approaching the 4 week mark of the changeover.

Although, it looks like the brand new server noted in the "Hello New Board" thread this morning is working MUCH better. 

:D

16 minutes ago, Ian said:

I gave up for a while but it seems better now.

Forums are old news anyway.

Man that would be unfortunate if that is the trend. There is nothing else that allows the kind of back and forth and learning that occurs on the best of forums. Maybe I am too much of an old at 45 to fully understand how totes awesome snap chat and the rest of the new apps are for express snark etc. , but I don't see how this kind of forum is easily replaced elsewhere.

Get off lawn, etc.

14 minutes ago, mappy said:

i dont snap chat either, so... I'm right there with you. Twitter and facebook is the extent of my social media

Though maybe a snap chat group when the NAM/GFS/Euro are rolling ahead of a potential big system would be a good place for all the "crushed" "slaughtered" "OMG at 156" reactions...now re-considering maybe inviting a few onto the lawn.

48 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Man that would be unfortunate if that is the trend. There is nothing else that allows the kind of back and forth and learning that occurs on the best of forums. Maybe I am too much of an old at 45 to fully understand how totes awesome snap chat and the rest of the new apps are for express snark etc. , but I don't see how this kind of forum is easily replaced elsewhere.

Get off lawn, etc.

Well for wx discussion forums will probably remain favored in many ways. Just gotta keep the group together. Doesn't seem to be much in the way of new blood these days.

2 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Get off lawn, etc.

2 hours ago, mappy said:

i dont snap chat either, so... I'm right there with you. Twitter and facebook is the extent of my social media

Well, this is the extent of my 'social network', no FB or chat or whatever, just forums. Maybe I'm just an old guy after all........

I'm just a tweetbook and msg board kinda guy.  Will skim reddit from time to time.  Not into all that snapchat BS.  If Amwx went away it would force me to be productive in my free time and that would be terrible.  I'd have to actually do stuff.

20 hours ago, Ian said:

Well for wx discussion forums will probably remain favored in many ways. Just gotta keep the group together. Doesn't seem to be much in the way of new blood these days.

Yeah. I started to notice this trend over the past couple of years myself. It seems many of the great contributors have started to open their own pages. And the new people coming in are not as "educated" as what has left. This site was still incredible during GB16 though. I do spend all fall and winter on here.  As well as Extremeskins. So being an old guy makes me old school I guess.

Archived