Newest Member
    joxey
More Summer Banter

eekuasepinniW

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Key West, errr I mean BTV, with another sultry night and a low temp of 71F.  

Meanwhile outside of the nocturnal low level southerly jet that gets ripping in the Champlain Valley, we had a low of 55F here east of the Spine.

Been COC weather all week here with some 40s and low 50s , dewless wonder

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Been COC weather all week here with some 40s and low 50s , dewless wonder

Yup same here...Pretty much dead on climo normal.  First four days of August averaged a high of 78.5F, and a low of 55F.  

Past two days of 82/53 and 84/54 have been just about perfect.

July finished -0.5 for temps, with a highest of 89F (on the 13th) and a low of 44F (on the 3rd and 20th).  What a perfect summer month July was overall...best Chamber month in a long time.

that lower dew point bias took a toll, though. there may not be much of a foliage season because of it... we have a pal sick green and yellowing and or beige tinted major flora waaay ahead of schedule down here.

but, heh, color season's fleeting anyway i guess.  it's basically just the actual page turn between the meatier warm and ensuing cool seasons anyway, and doesn't  contribute to much more than the economics of the Cinna-buns and hot toties at a road-side Cider hut on the way to Laconia Notch  .. hope it works out for the proprietor during 4 days of peak color. 

i've actually been wondering if the subtle to not-so-subtle negative DP anomalies this summer might lend some insight as to the underlying ... basal pattern tendency?  .. it seems intuitive to me that the propensity for dryness could be linked to an abundance of polarward flow bias; not sure of course..  but, mid Canada is a dry source for us, so if we've been donut-stuffer machine (Homer Simpson in hell) strapped to it more so than not, maybe we descend into cool climes with that same tendency ... getting increasingly less subtle as days turn to weeks and we commit to transition season then winter.  

heh, for that matter, ... i wonder if there is a straight up statistical correlation .. if perhaps two-way, between:

(dry summers +- Kevin's internal rage/disappointment for having to eat a low DP crow seemingly in spite of his opposing 'crowing')/2 --> colder winters?  

I'm sure NASA's all over the study!

I can always tell when the real meat of summer has passed as the pool temps fall due to longer nights. High of 82 July 22nd down to 75 last night. Seeing more dragonflies and the occasional Monarch, yet another signal Kevs most torrid summer ever is on its wane. Look forward to the most spectacular month of all September with its warm waters, sometimes hot days and the peak cornucopia of fresh vegetables.Speaking of which sweet corn is just a couple of weeks from peak. Good times

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Were you forgetting Monday and Tuesday?

Nope.

Monday:  76/52 partly cloudy with a light shower in the evening.

Tuesday:  79/54, more sun than clouds

Averages here for August 1&2:  76/54

Looks like a passing shower for us. Pretty annoyed. Last Friday's frcst called for showers all day and we got nothing. Sun was out by 3pm.

GYX is now using "scattered" for tomorrow's showers/TS, with the best chances of something interesting being to our south.  (To my south, anyway.)

11 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I'm not sure what's more frustrating, lack of rain or this website. Is there a light at the end of the tunnel on fixing the sit issues?

Well right now it seems like it is working good for a change.  Almost no lag.  Hope it keeps up!

Edit,  guess I was wrong.  It brings up posts but trying to save or edit takes a long time.

42 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I'm not sure what's more frustrating, lack of rain or this website. Is there a light at the end of the tunnel on fixing the sit issues?

The site will be fine. The lack of rain is awful though. I'm watering almost daily and I feel like it's a losing battle. When the first coastal comes.....I'll be like Tim Robbins in Shawshank Redemption when he climbed out of the poop pipe. Arms in the air, rain falling on my face as clothes are removed. 

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The site will be fine. The lack of rain is awful though. I'm watering almost daily and I feel like it's a losing battle. When the first coastal comes.....I'll be like Tim Robbins in Shawshank Redemption when he climbed out of the poop pipe. Arms in the air, rain falling on my face as clothes are removed. 

It's really awful. There are trees all along the esplanade with scorched leaves, some dropping them. You occasionally get that distinctive sweet leaf decay smell like November. And the grass...no mowing required. Almost rooting for a recurving cane at this point.

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The site will be fine. The lack of rain is awful though. I'm watering almost daily and I feel like it's a losing battle. When the first coastal comes.....I'll be like Tim Robbins in Shawshank Redemption when he climbed out of the poop pipe. Arms in the air, rain falling on my face as clothes are removed

well in that case...i hopes it's mixed with IP and wind gusting to 55 mph ...

haha, j/k

2 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

One saving grace about the dry season, lack of beetles.  Been nice to see virtually none around.

But ****loads of deer flies.    Worst season in memory.  A few weeks ago we were inundated with beetles the size of Japanese beetles, but dull brown in color and stupid and slow

Archived