Newest Member
    joxey
More Summer Banter

eekuasepinniW

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

How's the forum been running the last 12-18hrs?  Looks like we are nearing the end of the indexing of all the posts which we think is the cause of the delays/crashes that were occurring.  Personally I've had a couple blips but they are becoming less and less.

brutal

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

A bit better, but still massive issues. Why not delete every thread, and start clean. As in a brand new board. 

We shouldn't have to lose all the archived material for it to function. Other boards function fine with thousands of archived threads. The issue isn't that.

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

How's the forum been running the last 12-18hrs?  Looks like we are nearing the end of the indexing of all the posts which we think is the cause of the delays/crashes that were occurring.  Personally I've had a couple blips but they are becoming less and less.

I think its been better too.  When it has been working, I think I like it better than the old version just because you can post pics directly from your phone.  I still wish there was an easier way to jump forums though.

6 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I think its been better too.  When it has been working, I think I like it better than the old version just because you can post pics directly from your phone.  I still wish there was an easier way to jump forums though.

I agree on the missing navigation menu we had.  I think that's in the works to be added back.

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Tapatalk test post

Tapatalk test post

Tapatalk test post

Tapatalk test post

Interesting that I only hit the post button once.  No refreshes either.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

So you guys knew this would happen, but went ahead with it anyway? I mean we appreciate the effort, but man.. All the bugs should have been worked out first before the change one would think 

Umm, no.  You have to install the upgrade before you know what bugs may arise.   The slow periods are database related.  It's re-indexing all of the 4 million+ posts and it's taking days.  It also reverted our db engine to a type that not ideal for this procedure so we're going to have to deal with these occasional bottlenecks until this process is done.

9 hours ago, dryslot said:

Awesome Mike, Right on the Kennebec

Yeah--it's a much better location than where we used to live in Bath.  That's the back of the house on the right.  We just need to cut down stuff blocking the view and make the back wall lots of glass and we're half way done.

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

#makeamericanwxgreatagain.

LOL!!

view of house.jpg

1 hour ago, Wow said:

Umm, no.  You have to install the upgrade before you know what bugs may arise.   The slow periods are database related.  It's re-indexing all of the 4 million+ posts and it's taking days.  It also reverted our db engine to a type that not ideal for this procedure so we're going to have to deal with these occasional bottlenecks until this process is done.

I'm proud to have almost 100K of those.

Wow, Wow, Keep at it, Its slow time better then go time for this shat

Archived