Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
More Summer Banter

eekuasepinniW

16 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Here we go with the summer is ending posts. Never fails come early August. With the warm fall ahead..it's safe to say there's 2-3 months of summer left 

Two months from now my average day's temps are 59/37.  (Would need to be about +15 to be summerlike.)

"Glad we don't live there."  (So someone replying doesn't have to say it.)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I really thought he was just commenting on the declining daylight....you even mentioned it on your run this week.

For some reason statements based on facts get interpreted one way or the other, despite the facts.  I find it funny that he was the first person to point out the declining sunlight in that running comment but when someone elaborates on that fact it some how means something else.

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

Going to get ugly on the HHH mid week, But these days are starting to wane in the longer term

Yeah, I have scattered high minimums in the low 70s until late August and handful the first week of September.  The late week period is definitely going to stink but I can deal with it knowing that those days are numbered.

6 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Yeah, I have scattered high minimums in the low 70s until late August and handful the first week of September.  The late week period is definitely going to stink but I can deal with it knowing that those days are numbered.

I'm with you 100% on this, We certainly have turned the corner, I mean i'm sure we will get some hot days in Sept as we usually do, But we are losing light now 2-3 min/day as well so the nights and cooler temps are becoming longer as we head towards fall

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I'm with you 100% on this, We certainly have turned the corner, I mean i'm sure we will get some hot days in Sept as we usually do, But we are losing light now 2-3 min/day as well so the nights and cooler temps are becoming longer as we head towards fall

My average temp drops below 65.00 tomorrow, after a 30-day run between 65 and 66 (though sufficient heat this late week could bump up the average (a running 15-day mean) so as to push the drop below 65 to the 10th or 11th.

6 minutes ago, tamarack said:

My average temp drops below 65.00 tomorrow, after a 30-day run between 65 and 66 (though sufficient heat this late week could bump up the average (a running 15-day mean) so as to push the drop below 65 to the 10th or 11th.

My average will drop below 65 on 8/31.  I'm working down from my peak on 7/23 of 70°.  My current average is 68° and I lose a tenth of a degree every day or two....tick, tick, tick.

The valleys have been torchy during the days...no doubt about it. Take CON FWIW...

Jun avg max +2.0F

Jul avg max +3.7F

Aug avg max +4.5F

Whether you want to believe the CON sensor, that's a different story. But the hill towns have definitely been missing out on the greatest anomalies. Sorry for those in towns like Tolland. :(

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

The valleys have been torchy during the days...no doubt about it. Take CON FWIW...

Jun avg max +2.0F

Jul avg max +3.7F

Aug avg max +4.5F

Whether you want to believe the CON sensor, that's a different story. But the hill towns have definitely been missing out on the greatest anomalies. Sorry for those in towns like Tolland. :(

Wrong.  DIT said because he doesn't radiate at night his departures are much higher than say MetHerb who does radiate.

"because he's in a valley he radiates like mad..so his monthly departures are typically several degrees cooler than mine. He was like 0.4 for July whereas most of the hills were +2 or so."

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This board would be fast without the stupid political forum where weather weenies try to comment on **** they have no clue on.

The political forum sucks for many reasons, but it wasn't the reason for the slowdowns. We should be back to pre-upgrade speeds now. There's still a few buggy posting issues we have that we didn't see on the beta site. 

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The political forum sucks for many reasons, but it wasn't the reason for the slowdowns. We should be back to pre-upgrade speeds now. There's still a few buggy posting issues we have that we didn't see on the beta site. 

I was actually joking, but the site seems much better on mobile too. Good  work all.

On August 6, 2016 at 9:13 AM, moneypitmike said:

That was a good burst of heavy rain that just came through--I think that's it for a few days though.

The past week has been much better.  The only issue I have had is when replying to posts for some reason text from my last post auto fills in.  Might be a mobile iOS issue, I don't know. 

i dunno - 

how's this NAM sounding for BTV ...

60000513819 -0797 122203 77 30 23 15

..that 30 C is about 1,000' above the 2-meter temp and typically we add 3 to 4 C to get the logorithmic slope to the surface, which the mean is 94 F  ... less familiar with N. VT's heat climo nearing mid Augusts but that seems a like a goodly number ... particularly if there is any chance of bringing that downslop into eastern ME/NH/MA/CT...  

55 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

i dunno - 

how's this NAM sounding for BTV ...

60000513819 -0797 122203 77 30 23 15

..that 30 C is about 1,000' above the 2-meter temp and typically we add 3 to 4 C to get the logorithmic slope to the surface, which the mean is 94 F  ... less familiar with N. VT's heat climo nearing mid Augusts but that seems a like a goodly number ... particularly if there is any chance of bringing that downslop into eastern ME/NH/MA/CT...  

Yeah BTV could definitely hit 94F on Thursday...the lake temperatures are in the 70-75F range so the entire Champlain Basin is having trouble dropping below 70F at night which I bet they'll have a high launching point on Thursday morning.  Probably only need to increase temps 20F during the day to hit low to mid-90s. 

Over here east of the Spine, the MVL ASOS at 730ft has yet to hit 90F though I think we can do it on Thursday.  There have been some days this summer that *would have* probably hit 90F except heating was getting disrupted by either storms or lots of Cu debris forming over the mountain spine and drifting east over town...leading to a bunch of 87-89F type highs while most other sites in New England were popping 90s.  Funny how little stuff like that can make a difference in 90F days...getting a couple well timed 2-3pm storms so the temps go from 88/60 to 69/69 +RN, and then the atmosphere just can't recover enough to hit 90F again after that. 

someone should start a multi-threat thread headline for Thur - Monday.

- big heat hasn't been entirely removed from possibilty thur-sat.  nws has adv. and/or warn criteria heat tucked into their hazard statements and this could be interesting with some MOS numbers above 95 whilst dps make the mid 70s.  that's not the type of heat we've actually experienced much of regionally this summer.  

- big pwats soaring to some 3 or even 4 standard deviations mean that any thunderstorms that develop will quickly produce run off problems...particularly initially where the ground has been baked pan hard.  but, urban always runs that issue anyway. moreover, with the boundary stalling for a day or two beginning late sat - tuesday... and the flow tending to parallel, this could be an ominous training threat - problem is where?  

- not sure what the mechanics are but severe? ...thinking less because lapse rates might be challenged with the warmth in the a-hole to appetite altitudes.

Archived