joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
More Summer Banter

eekuasepinniW

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

see i think the moisture is offering some themodynamic challenges to hot temperatures ... at least as the current hour, nearing 9am goes...  

we haven't seen any benefit off the high 'launching pad', like we would more typically do; with regional lows not falling less than 70 at any of the main thermometer houses, yet 2.5 hours after sun-up and we still haven't cracked 80?  particularly when the lower troposphere is pig warm right through the mixing depths... should be off to the races by now. 

not that i'm complaining, but if this were a big heat intended atm, you really want DPs no higher than 67 or so at this time of solar year.  July 1 with 74 Dp, perhaps - 

the temp will respond, ...eventually, but big heat winner patterns tend to come with 21 C at 850 mb with free-air kinetic temperatures conditionally elevated.  doing it "under water" with these tropical drippies is an interesting sort of pattern in its self, but it's something other of a phenomenon.  but almost wonder if anything ... MOS' bust a click or two, too warm.   we'll see... 

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

see i think the moisture is offering some themodynamic challenges to hot temperatures ... at least as the current hour, nearing 9am goes...  

we haven't seen any benefit off the high 'launching pad' with regional lows not falling less than 70 at any of the main thermometer houses; yet 2.5 hours after sun-up and we still haven't cracked 80. 

not that i'm complaining, but if this were a big heat intended atm, you really want DPs no higher than 67 or so at this time of solar year.  July 1 with 74 Dp, perhaps - 

the temp will respond, ...eventually, but big heat winner patterns tend to come with 21 C at 850 mb with free-air kinetic temperatures conditionally elevated.  doing it "under water" with these tropical drippies is an interesting sort of pattern in its self, but almost wonder if anything ... MOS' bust a click or two, too warm.   we'll see... 

I'm seeing a lot of 80s over 75 out there right now. Congrats everyone, this is what we've been waiting for. 

12 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I'm seeing a lot of 80s over 75 out there right now. Congrats everyone, this is what we've been waiting for. 

yeah, it's funny how the exact quantum instant in time that i clicked submit on that observational post ... the quantum resonance of the yotta-totta-yotta value molecules then kicked it up a notch :axe:

still, there was some immediate retardation post sun up, noted... i've been watching, and the temp was static at 78 or 79 for almost an hour and half with full sun at that time. just in the last 20 mintues though, temps are responding more ...  like i said though, temps will respond, but i still would not be shocked if those 97 MOS -type numbers, that were pretty prevalent across the available guidance  up through yesterday, fall short.

it's probably all moot anyway ... who the f cares whether the HI is 99 or 103 ... 

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah, it's funny how the exact quantum instant in time that i clicked submit on that observational post ... the quantum resonance of the yotta-totta-yotta value molecules then kicked it up a notch :axe:

still, there was some immediate retardation post sun up, noted... i've been watching, and the temp was static at 78 or 79 for almost an hour and half with full sun at that time. just in the last 20 mintues though, temps are responding more ...  like i said though, temps will respond, but i still would not be shocked if those 97 MOS -type numbers, that were pretty prevalent across the available guidance  up through yesterday, fall short.

it's probably all moot anyway ... who the f cares whether the HI is 99 or 103 ... 

Of course you're point is totally valid, that it will be harder to warm up these moist parcels of air versus a dry one, but yes, it really won't matter because it will feel awful either way.

hey Ocean'   ... you guys buyin' the NAM's occasional BD depictions... ? just curious if that sort of thing is discussed in these sort of scenarios -

gone on the 06 version ...as far as I can tell, was a pretty obvious like ...low 70s incursion into NE mass on Saturday in the 00z version of that model.   Obviously, the NAM's usefulness outside of perhaps convective initialization challenges the sensibility of even the mediocre Met out there, driving most to head-scratching distraction...still.

thing is, i don't have a problem  so much with mock MCS clusters and gentle rain debris rollin' east along the perceived axis of the quasi-stationary boundary that should align circumvalla style around the NW ridge rim. sometimes, rain cooled air masses can combine mass with the GOM natural AC, and send a heat killer a-rollin' SW... we've seen it in the past.  kind of like a BD moving SW inside the warm sector/below the latitude of the "real" front...then, the real front seem to defy physics by relocating deep inside the ridge heights. ha. 

anyway, it takes a meso-model to see something like that; the Euro is usually pretty freakishly good at that sort of detection at < 4 days and doesn't see anything like that.

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I still think the Merrimack Valley skyrockets. It's only 9am and still calm/decoupled. The MET has been historically high anyways although it seems to be doing better this year in the valley torch spots.

We did dry out slightly aloft up our way, which should help things mix out a bit.

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

hey Ocean'   ... you guys buyin' the NAM's occasional BD depictions... ? just curious if that sort of thing is discussed in these sort of scenarios -

gone on the 06 version ...as far as I can tell, was a pretty obvious like ...low 70s incursion into NE mass on Saturday in the 00z version of that model.   Obviously, the NAM's usefulness outside of perhaps convective initialization challenges the sensibility of even the mediocre Met out there, driving most to head-scratching distraction...still.

thing is, i don't have a problem  so much with mock MCS clusters and gentle rain debris rollin' east along the perceived axis of the quasi-stationary boundary that should align circumvalla style around the NW ridge rim. sometimes, rain cooled air masses can combine mass with the GOM natural AC, and send a heat killer a-rollin' SW... we've seen it in the past.  kind of like a BD moving SW inside the warm sector/below the latitude of the "real" front...then, the real front seem to defy physics by relocating deep inside the ridge heights. ha. 

anyway, it takes a meso-model to see something like that; the Euro is usually pretty freakishly good at that sort of detection at < 4 days and doesn't see anything like that.

Well I mean the satellite view this morning does have that backdoor look to it. You could see how a little something rolling over the top could shove that boundary south.

plus, ...though the ridge is impressive ... it's actually a bit S of 'ideal' - i think that was noted in one of Taunton's AFDs the other day... 

anyway, frontal position being highly dictated by resistance in this case, might offer some correction wiggle room with that. 

heh, something to keep and eye on i suppose.  magin the bust potential when/if Logan goes ENE at 14 kts with shallow GOM/meso outflow air drilling 68 F there while a forecast of 95/74 and advisories for heat in downtown?  haha.  that'd be funny - 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

All I drink now are the craft beers. I used to think Heady was the be all end all. Now it's merely ok and I'd pass it up. Treehouse, Trullium, Bissell Bros. are the three best I've had. Trips to Treehouse happen weekly now. Don't even go to package stores anymore. 

If you know someone passing through W MA have them get you a growler at Brick and Feather in Turners Falls.  Fantastic.

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I'm telling ya, you have to hit up my friends at Kelsen in Derry.  They have a great array of brews from light to heavy.  Won quite a few awards nationally too for them.

http://kelsenbrewing.com/

Lol, there is a bottle of that sitting in the fridge here that my brother left.  My have to crack it at lunch!

as for the weather:

Sun finally popped out here.  Humid but SW wind coming across Buzzards Bay really helps this area. 

4 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

Dewpoints are lackluster... was really hoping to feel at least one 75 this summer.

It's actually not that moist a sounding for us this morning, only 1.3" PWAT. So the moisture is shallow enough to mix out around these parts. OKX on the other hand, 2.4"

Should stay nice a dewy down in the tropics of SNE.

75/70 - Sun just starting to come out following this mornings thunderstorm.  

Only .23 of rain but with yesterdays .66 the two day total is nearing an 1 inch.  Much needed. 

Lightning was the main component of the storm here in Westerly.  Each lightning strike caused the power to go out for 5 to 10 seconds then back on.  

25 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

It's actually not that moist a sounding for us this morning, only 1.3" PWAT. So the moisture is shallow enough to mix out around these parts. OKX on the other hand, 2.4"

Should stay nice a dewy down in the tropics of SNE.

Why yes we do. HFD 87/76 ftw

Morning clouds finally are gone so off to races now

Archived