joxey
More Summer Banter

eekuasepinniW

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I would have been really surprised if you did not hit 90°F

Yeah me too, especially as seeing as a bunch of us NNE'ers have hit 90F today for the first time of the season.

However it's starting to back off now, down to 86F as the sun lowers.  From 2-3pm the ASOS obs showed 88-90F but with the rounding it's sometimes hard to tell.  Will have to wait for 00z 6-hourly high temps.

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

Nobody lives there.....emoji45.png

Troll. :P

We lived one town to the west for almost 10 years.  And 76/45 is a normal mid August day up there, though temps are more volatile there than farther south.

Edit:  Will be interesting to see if my lilac-corrupted obs site reached 90 - would be the first time in 11 years.

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Dews in the U70s on the cape. Almost suffocating.

it was supposed to be like that more unilaterally today, but somehow ... out of left field, came factors that reared enough to totally horse phuck us up here out of getting some much need convective rains, ... dew points never exceeded 67 today when the temp was above 90 along rt 2 and that's a modeling bust over the appeal.  plus, i was afraid of this this morning and it turned out right - we were stripped off the high by 3 to 5 F up here, too, because the high launch pad did not ...like, launch the temperature.  

model's did not see (apparently) the NW shear vectors in the flow and that receded the diffused warm front back SW and trapped the DPs S of the Pike.  

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It was close to 90 here with dews in mid to upper 70s on the outer cape several miles from marine influence. One of the most oppressive days I can remember. 98/67 seems more comfortable.

We were 86 at the house but beach was only 84 on the car thermo.

of course the Bay was more comfy.

image.jpeg

Archived