Newest Member
    Toothache
More Summer Banter

eekuasepinniW

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Haha, good call.  We know a lot of time and research went into you thinking it would get oppressively hot and humid at some point in the summer.

right - throw enough schit against the wall...something's gotta stick.   

then, take cred - budda boom budda bing

27 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Haha, good call.  We know a lot of time and research went into you thinking it would get oppressively hot and humid at some point in the summer.

lol...like hot and humid doesn't come around every summer.  I should just make a call that we'll see an arctic outbreak this winter.  Yep, it's going to be a winter to remember!

This is memorable heat. Prior heat this summer was noteworthy for some but not really memorable, regardless of BDL 10 day stretch.  These are the few and far between moments I remember growing up.  High for the day here 95, down to 93 now with more clouds but a dew of 76, just absolutely  miserable.  Heat index hit 106 here, congrats HFD on the 108.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The dewpoints in this airmass are pretty notable...esp in CT. Hard to get mid 70s dewpoints while temps in the 90s.

It's been a couple of years since we have coupled the two but we usually have at least a couple of days with temps in the 90s and dews near 70.  I will say that it's been longer since we've had a stretch with dews in the mid-70s.  That doesn't happen very often but it has and can.  This is about as bad as it gets.

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The dewpoints in this airmass are pretty notable...esp in CT. Hard to get mid 70s dewpoints while temps in the 90s.

absolutely... 

i can say with certainty ...this is the highest APPARENT temp i've seen around my place in the 5+ years i've lived here.  we're clocking in at 96/73 right now and that's right around 106 ... it feels pretty close to sensible, too.  walk down the street and back to gander right quick at distant CBs and it's a rush to get back through the door to ac -woof. 

gee, 12z Euro doesn't have the BD anymore... was looking forward to that.  

1 minute ago, MetHerb said:

It's been a couple of years since we have coupled the two but we usually have at least a couple of days with temps in the 90s and dews near 70.  I will say that it's been longer since we've had a stretch with dews in the mid-70s.  That doesn't happen very often but it has and can.  This is about as bad as it gets.

Yeah, anecdotally from my memory, airmasses with dews in the mid 70s with temps near 90 or better are probably something like 1 in 3-4 years. If you can get like mid-upper 90s with dews 75+, then you're prob looking at once a decade or so...like we saw in the 1995 airmass. Think we may have seen it again in 2005.

For those into tedium ... this is a good estimate on where the collocation of Maine outflow/rain cooled air is giving the BD a bit of a push at the present hour. 

this is the feature that NAM is keying in on to overspread eastern zones later tonight.   Euro's been luke warm on the idea but appears to have sans it on the 12z run.  we'll see - 

BD.jpg

18Z NAM offers up a 37 C 2-meter in Boston's metro-west and up toward ASH again on Sunday... 

anyone SW of that BD (assuming it transpires at all) is going to cook tomorrow, too....  

Hey Will, do you recall when we were talking about this signal about 10 days ago ...       

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

CON ties another record today with 99F. :lol:

That was as of 20z...very slim shot they got any higher than that as they've been fluctuating between 36C and 37C since then.

Just silly today. I thought I had it nailed when I jumped everyone up to and through the mid 90s with my morning update. I should've really done 10 at 10.

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

18Z NAM offers up a 37 C 2-meter in Boston's metro-west and up toward ASH again on Sunday... 

anyone SW of that BD (assuming it transpires at all) is going to cook tomorrow, too....  

Hey Will, Kevin do you recall when we were talking about this signal about 10 days ago ...       

Yes

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yes

nope - 

we were talking about it 10 days ago...  not throwing random guess work based upon nothing having to do with meteorology out on social media back in April - 

those are two different science:  one is science, the latter is science fiction ...which unfortunately, doesn't hold any water. 

Archived