Newest Member
    SnowHabit
More Summer Banter

eekuasepinniW

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to Colorado

...elevated fire weather potential today and wednesday...

dry weather is expected today and wednesday with minimum relative
humidity values near 30 percent. in addition, west winds will
gust around 20 mph around midday and the afternoon. these factors
combined with a lack of recent widespread rainfall will create an
elevated fire weather potential in interior sections of
massachusetts, rhode island and connecticut. 

18 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Moving forward we'd like to keep threads down to around 1000 replies.  

I believe that used to be the rule of thumb but it stopped being followed.  I seem to recall new threads being created as we approached 100 pages on a thread.

Either way, it sounds like poor coding when a large thread causes the entire database to be locked. 

12 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

I believe that used to be the rule of thumb but it stopped being followed.  I seem to recall new threads being created as we approached 100 pages on a thread.

Either way, it sounds like poor coding when a large thread causes the entire database to be locked. 

It's not poor coding.  There are Invision boards with over 10 million posts and plenty of threads with over 10k replies that load instantly.  In this boards case, it's poor server configuration.

Had TS forecast for 3 of the past 4 days, each with possibility of strong storms.

Lightning flashes seen: zero

Thunder heard: zero

Total precip:  0.05", spread among those 3 days.

And now the prospect of a soaking rain over the weekend appears to have gone away.  July will make 3 straight months with significantly BN rain and temps within 1.2F of my averages   #b-o-o-o--r-r-r-ing

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

0.9" of rain in the last 30 days in my neighborhood

Wow that is pretty ridiculous for a summer month when you can get that much in a good hour of rains.

I'm around 4.4" since July 1st.

Looks like backedgeapproaching in SVT is leading Vermont CoCoRAHS with 6.70" so far in July.  Cabot (cheese!), VT is second with 6.31".

6 minutes ago, Walpole Joe said:

Steve. fishing at the breakwall or surfing at the Point?

I lived on Great Island (by the port of Galilee) for 25 years and always hated days like today. When it is 90 at Point Judith, its freaking hot! There is a cooling breeze there 98% of the time

eating at Aunt Carrie's yumm

50 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Left Narragansett PointJudith at 7pm 91 there total oppo of when you were 90s last week and the beaches low 70s

I noticed that GON was only 84 at 4pm but then popped up to 92 by 6pm after the wind changed to Northerly.  It was strange to see GON 10 degrees higher than my house.

Archived